New Old Rider squeezing in as much as I can | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Old Rider squeezing in as much as I can

Hello all, thanks for letting me join.

I decided to write my M1 for fun while my son wrote his G1. I passed and took the safety course , got a bike and plated it and finally enjoy the last few days left of riding.

I wish I did this a long time ago. I love it.

I’m in Milton and would love to attend meets (might be too late in the season) and learn to ride better.

I ride a 2010 Ducati Monster 696. So much fun.

Welcome to the forum.

I think there are quite a few Ducatisti members out in the West GTA. I hope you keep enjoying your time riding.
Indeed.

If I read the OP correctly, you wrote the M1 and are just riding on that right now? Will you be taking the M2 course in the spring?
There are usually some rides going on in the west but to be honest, might make most a little nervous with a brand new rider still on M1.
Come out to the last few burger nights though!

I’m in Milton and would love to attend meets (might be too late in the season) and learn to ride better.

I ride a 2010 Ducati Monster 696. So much fun.

Welcome!

It might sound counterintuitive, but try to ride with others at your same skill level.

Unless you know who you're riding with and they good about slowing down and keeping an eye on you, trying to keep up with much experienced riders is a recipe for disaster.

Indeed.

If I read the OP correctly, you wrote the M1 and are just riding on that right now? Will you be taking the M2 course in the spring?
There are usually some rides going on in the west but to be honest, might make most a little nervous with a brand new rider still on M1.
Come out to the last few burger nights though!
Got M1 in August, did safety course in Sept and got my M2 Tuesday and got the bike plated same day.

Welcome!

It might sound counterintuitive, but try to ride with others at your same skill level.

Unless you know who you're riding with and they good about slowing down and keeping an eye on you, trying to keep up with much experienced riders is a recipe for disaster.
I don’t know any riders lol.

I can start by meeting others and learning at meets and trying to keep up but I won’t push myself out of my comfort zone.

I kinda got a feel for it but I m far from over confident .

Welcome to forum.

Also from Milton.

Welcome and congrats on the bike, enjoy.
It's a great time of the year to be out riding with the fall colours at there peak. And who knows how much longer you can ride with mild winters becoming more common.

Welcome to the forum from an old, old rider in my 60th year of motorcycling and 77th bday so you have some time ahead.
Nice bike to start on.
Careful with group rides but seems you are sensible.
Head to Pennsylvania as soon as you can to have some real fun.
Might still be a couple good weekends. 5 hours to Coudersport and you are in riding heaven.

Back
Top Bottom