Muskoka to Kawartha Pierogi Run July 21 2024 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka to Kawartha Pierogi Run July 21 2024

Nice! FYI, Yesterday I went out for a ride and passed through 518. One worker was either placing or picking up road work signals and couldn't tell if the work was starting or already finished.

Enjoy your ride :)

I'm thinking of riding this loop this coming Sunday.
Route can be modified if needed.

Anyone interested??
View attachment 68865
Chetwynd Rd is gravel right now, so avoid that little loop on the east side of Burks Falls, unless you want the gravel.

Once you are in Magnetewan, head south on Old Nippising Road about 10km and turn right on Ahmic Lake Rd. Ahmic Lake Road is very nice and will spit you out right back on the 124.

When back on the 124, a few km after Ahmic Lake Rd, turn left onto McDougall Rd and take that to Hurdville Rd all the way into Parry Sound. Those two roads miight be the best roads of the day in terms of tight twisty roads and great pavement.

And of course hit up Screaming Heads if you have the time, where Midlothian Rd actually intersects Old Nipissing Rd right at Ahmic Lake Rd...

Safe trip and look forward to the pics!

Once you are in Magnetewan, head south on Old Nippising Road about 10km and turn right on Ahmic Lake Rd. Ahmic Lake Road is very nice and will spit you out right back on the 124.

When back on the 124, a few km after Ahmic Lake Rd, turn left onto McDougall Rd and take that to Hurdville Rd all the way into Parry Sound. Those two roads miight be the best roads of the day in terms of tight twisty roads and great pavement.
Hey @shanekingsley , I'm trying to incorporate this into the route but having a hard time mapping it out.

I got the Old Nippinsing/Ahmic Lake road but having a hard time with the McDougll/Hurdville.

124 and Hurdville Rd is not "a few kms from the 124/Ahmic Rd intrect. more like 30kms. McDougall is even further.

The only road that I can see being close the Ahmic and 124 is Balsam Rd.

I will be doing the route in clockwise direction. Coming up through Parry Sound first.

Hey @shanekingsley , I'm trying to incorporate this into the route but having a hard time mapping it out.

I got the Old Nippinsing/Ahmic Lake road but having a hard time with the McDougll/Hurdville.

124 and Hurdville Rd is not "a few kms from the 124/Ahmic Rd intrect. more like 30kms. McDougall is even further.

The only road that I can see being close the Ahmic and 124 is Balsam Rd.

I will be doing the route in clockwise direction. Coming up through Parry Sound first.
Indeed it is further than 10km, but it's on your way I think, instead of taking the 124 near it.

1721508783161.png

OK. that's what I thought.
Much appreciated.

How was the ride and equally importantly - how were the pierogies?
Both were good.
Great weather for a ride.
Didn't realize the pierogi are deep fried. I prefer them boiled. But they were good. Of course I just asked for the classic.

I'll try to do up a ride report with some pics tonight.

Last edited:
Both were good.
Great weather for a ride.
Didn't realize the pierogi are deep fried. 8 prefer them boiled. But they were good. Of course I just asked for the classic.

I'll try to do up a ride report with some pics tonight.
You prefer them boiled? Are you even Polish?!

You prefer them boiled? Are you even Polish?!
WHATTTTT?
Original pierogi are to be boiled or cooked.(Whatever you want to call it)
I also like them reheated on a pan as left overs in the evening or the next day.

How does your MIL make them?

WHATTTTT?
Original pierogi are to be boiled or cooked.
I also like reheated in a pan as left overs in the evening or the next day.

How does your MIL make them?
She boils them, and then I wait until it cools off (while eating a few) and then I fry them to deliciousness.

Doesn't everyone!?

Now...my mother's are 100x better...but I can't say that out loud in my house.

I have always had them just boiled.
I leave the frying for leftovers. Nice crispy coating on the dough.

Back
Top Bottom