Motorcycle Stands | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Stands

MotoX

Anyone use those cheap Canadian Tire motorcycle stands...the yellow ones you see out there? Would they be good enough to hold up a supermoto? I have a proper set for my other bikes, but don't want to be bendimg them to fit the width of my supermoto. Any experience with them would be appreciated. They seem to have a strange design for a bolt going into the fork tube...

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking at buying a used set or something? I don't think you can get those new anymore

I would suggest trying to find these as used. Worse case if they don't work you can resell for the same price.

If you buy at CT and try to use them. CT is quite strict with their return policy and you might be stuck with them.

I had a set of these but sold them since my bike had a centre stand but I should have kept them.
Have a different set now.

Excellent
I would suggest trying to find these as used. Worse case if they don't work you can resell for the same price.

If you buy at CT and try to use them. CT is quite strict with their return policy and you might be stuck with them.

I had a set of these but sold them since my bike had a centre stand but I should have kept them.
Have a different set now.
Excellent, thanks. The fronts work with a bolt through the fork tubes? Is it sturdy? I have another, more expensive set that work on the same principle, but what appears to be a much better design.

Excellent

Excellent, thanks. The fronts work with a bolt through the fork tubes? Is it sturdy? I have another, more expensive set that work on the same principle, but what appears to be a much better design.
I swear there was a discussion like a decade or more ago on this forum about these very stands, because the operation of the front stand was just as mystifying then.

I swear there was a discussion like a decade or more ago on this forum about these very stands, because the operation of the front stand was just as mystifying then.
If the bike has a hole at the bottom of the fork, it will work. If there is no hole, it will not work. All of my bikes had a hole at the bottom of the fork so I didn't have a problem.

I'm interested in seeing this as well as my Hindle stands work on the same principle, but the part that goes into the fork tube is welded to the stand and the top of the stand (the part that mates with the fork tubes) ends up level with and supporting the bike. Looks like these stands are relying on the bolt (threaded rod?) to actually bear the weight of the bike? Unless I'm missing something.

I have Pitbull stands and that's how they operate.
Which makes a lot more sense as you can remove the wheel, which would be impossible with anything going through the fork components. My front stand goes a step further and lifts from the triple tree so you can also remove the forks.

Not sure why you'd want a stand that relies on bolts or threaded rods, unless all you care about is keeping tires off the floor or something...

I have a Woodcraft stand that uses two small pins under the forks. It is very stable and secure, assuming you have holes in the bottom of your forks. I was a bit skeptical until I watched a bunch of videos of it in use, but you can safely remove the axle and front wheel with it.

It is convenient for its ability to pack down almost flat. If that's not important to you, a head-lift front stand might be a better choice because it would allow you to remove the forks for service.

I have a Woodcraft stand that uses two small pins under the forks. It is very stable and secure, assuming you have holes in the bottom of your forks. I was a bit skeptical until I watched a bunch of videos of it in use, but you can safely remove the axle and front wheel with it.

It is convenient for its ability to pack down almost flat. If that's not important to you, a head-lift front stand might be a better choice because it would allow you to remove the forks for service.
The only buyer beware for the head lift style of stands is front fender clearance you need a fair bit of clearance for them to be compatible with the bike if you have the room they work well.

Which bike do you have and does it have spools? What do you want to do that you need sport bike stands instead of a dirt bike stand?

I have used both types of stands, and personally hate the ones from Fortnine/Pete's. The ones from CanTire and Woodcraft are way easier to get lined up, more stable, and easier to remove the front axle. My $0.02.

I'm surprised no one posted these from Pete's. I placed an order for a set, haven't received them yet.. hopefully they're good!

Those look an awful lot like the VENOM ones I bought recently.

I’d say majority are identical with the only difference being the sticker on them.

Obviously Pitbull stands are much nicer.

I bought these:

Back
Top Bottom