Mod down | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mod down

Sorry to hear of your misfortune BP. Hope you heal up quickly. Thankfully it wasn’t worse and we can have a chuckle about it!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

It always suck to take an injury without the spectacular crash story to go with it.
gws

There are a couple fun threads on facebook about it. I figured we are all cooped up, might as well have a chuckle at my expense. Shoulder is a little sore and I don't dare move it much but it should end up ok. In my younger years I've raced on Sunday after doing worse than this on Saturday

There are a couple fun threads on facebook about it. I figured we are all cooped up, might as well have a chuckle at my expense. Shoulder is a little sore and I don't dare move it much but it should end up ok. In my younger years I've raced on Sunday after doing worse than this on Saturday
Keep an eye on it, make sure it is improving. They told me mine was a dislocated shoulder, I kept going back to my doctor when it wasn't improving. Finally found out that I had rotator cuff tear and had to have surgery. Not trying to scare you, but it's better to find that out earlier. GWS.

Glad to hear you are on the mend and I knew something was up with the title.

Keep an eye on it, make sure it is improving. They told me mine was a dislocated shoulder, I kept going back to my doctor when it wasn't improving. Finally found out that I had rotator cuff tear and had to have surgery. Not trying to scare you, but it's better to find that out earlier. GWS.

Just now, I successfully took the arm out of the sling, put on a coat (awkwardly), and drove my manual-transmission car to a local Timmies to grab a coffee at the drive thru (excuse to go out). Obviously there's no strength in it yet, but it has sufficient range of motion to be able to do that, and that's better than yesterday. Previous experience has been that riding a motorcycle requires less range of motion from that shoulder than driving a car, and as long as I can do that, it's good enough :)

I haven't been taking any pain killers ... haven't had to.

edit: This is going to put a damper on my workout programme. Won't be doing any push-ups or chin-ups for quite a while ...

Just now, I successfully took the arm out of the sling, put on a coat (awkwardly), and drove my manual-transmission car to a local Timmies to grab a coffee at the drive thru (excuse to go out). Obviously there's no strength in it yet, but it has sufficient range of motion to be able to do that, and that's better than yesterday. Previous experience has been that riding a motorcycle requires less range of motion from that shoulder than driving a car, and as long as I can do that, it's good enough :)

I haven't been taking any pain killers ... haven't had to.

edit: This is going to put a damper on my workout programme. Won't be doing any push-ups or chin-ups for quite a while ...
LOL. You are correct about riding and you will be able to get back in the saddle quickly, just maybe no spring GAP trips. You gotta send me your workout program....

Ha ha. I can screw up royally just as well as anyone else can :ROFLMAO:

I had an appointment at the fracture clinic today for a post-operation check-up. The doctor is pretty happy with what he sees. Range of motion is decent, the only motion that's tough is reaching behind my back. Nothing's broken, soft tissue seems to be just mildly annoyed. Should be back to 100% in a couple of weeks. And the bike is OK :)

"And the bike is OK "

That is what we really want to know :)
Happy to hear you are on the mend and will soon be doing back touching exercises again.

Back
Top Bottom