M1 Insurance 2024 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 Insurance 2024

Hi everyone,
Could you please recommend the broker, who can provide the insurance to M1 without Training Course Certificate?
I've already called to insurance companies from the 1st message of this thread. All of them didn't admit my 12-years experience in home country and ask the Certificate. Any ideas appreciated.
I hear co-operators and desjardins does.

Thank you very much.
I've just talked to them. Same story - need a Certificate despite the experience.
oh i'm sorry i misread your post.

you will require the certificate from any insurer that i've heard of. Having your license is not enough, they want to see you complete the saftey course.

Hi everyone,
Could you please recommend the broker, who can provide the insurance to M1 without Training Course Certificate?
I've already called to insurance companies from the 1st message of this thread. All of them didn't admit my 12-years experience in home country and ask the Certificate. Any ideas appreciated.
So… it really depends on what your home country is.
if you’re anywhere near India, your licensing simply will not compute. There are no real “rules of the road” there - at least not like here.
Every weekend I have students from around there, and they are, unfortunately some of the most difficult to teach. They are used to riding however they wish. We can only suggest proper body position etc so and so many times before we are completely tuned out. They know how to ride, just not with proper technique and road position etc.

Due to this, years of experience “back home” generally mean diddly squat to the MTO - as there are no real certifiable standards that have been met.

I ran a couple of online quotes to test, and The Co-operators also insures with M1, provided that you've completed Rider Training :)

Co-operators Online Motorcycle Insurance Quotes

New member here, hello everyone. Great thread with great info, thank you. 🍻

I think Co-operators needs to be added to the OP?

I'm getting my M1 + taking a safety course next week, also plan on buying a bike soon and am looking into insurance coverage. Haven't ridden since the 90s and didn't know all the current issues with motorcycles and insurance in Ontario.

Just found out today that none of the companies my broker works with will insure M1 riders, even with the safety course, so trying to look elsewhere. Probably out of luck talking to anyone until the long weekend is over, booo.

Anyway, glad I found this forum and thread, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom