License plate obstruction laws | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate obstruction laws

I think you're attaching a wishful-thinking best-case interpretation to 191.3.(2).
Powers of police officer
(2) A police officer may at any time, without a warrant, stop, enter and search a motor vehicle that he or she has reasonable grounds to believe is equipped with or carries or contains a device or material contrary to subsection (1) and may seize and take away any such device or material found in or upon the motor vehicle. 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (3).
Nothing there says that the device has to have been seen in actual use at the time of search and seizure.

No where does it say they can ticket you for having either. They might be able to take it but for those with a simple flip would not be losing much more then a hinge. For the record I am not planning on getting a flip plate. I was just curious as I've always enjoyed being aware, sometimes more then officers themselves, of the laws around me.

There is nothing wrong with making multiple lane changes (even without signalling).
That is absolutely incorrect information. The police are using a guideline of "two lane changes in under 6 seconds" to charge people with the HTA 172. I tried to find the exact quote but it's something like changing multiple lanes to advance yourself in front of traffic.

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom