Insurance question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance question

JazzMotto

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well and Happy Friday! I have an insurance question. My 19 year son lives with me. If he gets the M1 I call the insurance company to let them know but since he has only M1 so he can't be added to my policy but can he ride my bike?

Why do you want to mention him having a M1 if you dont want to add him to your policy?

He can ride your bike anytime lol. Though from an insurance point of view I would say not to because he has no policy. If he gets into a catastrophic accident while riding your bike, do you have the funds to look after him and take care of him for the rest of his life?

This belongs in the insurance forum. As far as I understand, when someone legally operates an insured vehicle, the vehicle's insurance policy covers the operator unless explicitly excluded.

What that also means is if your son rides your bike and makes an at-fault claim, it goes against your insurance record, not his (even if he had his own insurance).

This belongs in the insurance forum. As far as I understand, when someone legally operates an insured vehicle, the vehicle's insurance policy covers the operator unless explicitly excluded.
Correct, insurance always follows the vehicle.

Why do you want to mention him having a M1 if you dont want to add him to your policy?

He can ride your bike anytime lol. Though from an insurance point of view I would say not to because he has no policy. If he gets into a catastrophic accident while riding your bike, do you have the funds to look after him and take care of him for the rest of his life?
Hi you supposed to inform insurance company of anyone on the same address has the license.

I was not clear I guess. What I meant riding my bike so I can teach him basics in parking lot not giving him bike To take it to roads. Something like when you have G1 and you can drive with. G driver. But I think motorcycle licencing is different.

Why not ask your insurer what you should do? Better to follow their rules now than to find out later that your policy is void because you didn't.

I was not clear I guess. What I meant riding my bike so I can teach him basics in parking lot not giving him bike To take it to roads. Something like when you have G1 and you can drive with. G driver. But I think motorcycle licencing is different.
why not send him to a Motorcycle Safety Course so he learns how to operate it sans any bad habits you've picked up?

Back
Top Bottom