I Ordered This Helmet From Amazon; What Are The Cons? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Ordered This Helmet From Amazon; What Are The Cons?

GP is allowing you to try the helmet on during a curbside pickup, however, if it doesn't fit you either need to ship it back to them (so, take it home and ship it back) or wait for the store to reopen and return it in person...they are not allowing refunds/exchanges during curbside pickup and their return policy has been extended to 30 days after the restrictions are lifted and they reopen...I just spoke to them on Friday as I was thinking of getting a new lid myself...

ah you save me time, thanks! Hmmmm

GP is allowing you to try the helmet on during a curbside pickup, however, if it doesn't fit you either need to ship it back to them (so, take it home and ship it back) or wait for the store to reopen and return it in person...they are not allowing refunds/exchanges during curbside pickup and their return policy has been extended to 30 days after the restrictions are lifted and they reopen...I just spoke to them on Friday as I was thinking of getting a new lid myself...

If that's the case, what's the point of trying it on at the curb? Might as well order it for delivery and try it on in the comfort of your own home.

If that's the case, what's the point of trying it on at the curb? Might as well order it for delivery and try it on in the comfort of your own home.
You could try on 10 in a row at the curb. Seems really strange to me. I'd rather pay a $5-10 handling fee for ones I tried but didn't buy and they take them back right away and quarantine them for a week or two (or whatever they think the shipping is doing for them).

dunno, i don't typically enjoy having large purchases sit on the door step all day if i can help it.

You could try on 10 in a row at the curb. Seems really strange to me. I'd rather pay a $5-10 handling fee for ones I tried but didn't buy and they take them back right away and quarantine them for a week or two (or whatever they think the shipping is doing for them).
If i read what she said correctly they aren't accepting them back at the time of pickup; you`re buying the lid and taking it fit or not. So 10 try ons is 10 purchased lids.

People getting into riding don't want to spend much more than that $129 price. 60% of people taking the motorcycle course will not get their full M. They don't want to invest a lot of money on something they might not enjoy. That being said you can find some helmets in that price range that are even ECE rated. Safety is the key, along with getting the right fit. Sure the inside is not going to feel like an Arai or a Shoei, but as long as it fits properly and it's a safe helmet that is the biggest concern for someone starting out.

I used to be an Arai snob. One day I realized at the last minute that my RX-7-RR3 didn't meet the Snell rating cutoff for a track day, and a $100 entry-level HJC was all I could find in stock that fit me well. I was so impressed by the value of that "cheap" helmet that I ordered their FS-15 carbon for half the price of a Corsair, and have been happy with the brand ever since.

It's just a modular helmet, right. The chin piece does not come off. It's like any other modular helmet. You should not ride at any speed over 20km with it up. I don't know the brand, I'm guessing it's an entry level helmet. Reviews are both good and bad. Modular helmets are going to be a little heavier because of the mechanism to open them, also a little louder.
I was worried about this ? I suspected that the air friction while that thing was up will tilt your head back painfully at speeds of 80 km/h and up. But I read more than 30 reviews on it on Amazon and NOBODY said this thing tilts your head back.

I also wonder how does the red LED stoplight on the helmet communicates with your bike? Or does this thing only blinks like a bicycle helmet? What kind of batteries? Two "AA" batteries? How long do they last?

I was worried about this ? I suspected that the air friction while that thing was up will tilt your head back painfully at speeds of 80 km/h and up. But I read more than 30 reviews on it on Amazon and NOBODY said this thing tilts your head back.

I also wonder how does the red LED stoplight on the helmet communicates with your bike? Or does this thing only blinks like a bicycle helmet? What kind of batteries? Two "AA" batteries? How long do they last?
haven't read about your model, but i owned a shark with built in LEDs. There was a USB charging port tucked in under the back.

How does the brake light work? Do you tie it into the bike brake light?

Nevermind....just a blinking LED.

Honestly for $130, and on Amazon....I’d be quite weary of it.

I'm going to give it a try, after all at $130 it's easy to resell it on Kijiji for 60% of the price or just throw it in the closet to give it to a noob friend just starting his career.

What worries me most is that there is no chin protection when the lid is up, I will never ride like that, and if I will never ride like that then I should had just gone for a full-face permanent helmet. When you fall down your chin is the first thing that's going to hit the pavement or the curb of the sidewalk. Anyways, I will give it a try. Will ride without the other half cracked open.

I’ll be honest I have a modular that sometimes I’ll ride up to 50kph in the up position. I actually really like it.

Then I remember the chin is the second point of impact after your hands and I snap it back down....until I lift it up again. Above 50 it becomes straining but below that (in city traffic) I love it.

I’ll be honest I have a modular that sometimes I’ll ride up to 50kph in the up position. I actually really like it.

Then I remember the chin is the second point of impact after your hands and I snap it back down....until I lift it up again. Above 50 it becomes straining but below that (in city traffic) I love it.
This is exactly what I'm planning to do, in the city lid up, in highway or above 80 km/h the lid down. Now lets see how it will fit me, if I can't wear this thing for more than 3 hours without getting a headache then I will keep it. That's a major problem I have with helmets, most of them give me headaches, except a Taiwanese helmet I bought overseas but the color does not match my current bike.

This is exactly what I'm planning to do, in the city lid up, in highway or above 80 km/h the lid down. Now lets see how it will fit me, if I can't wear this thing for more than 3 hours without getting a headache then I will keep it. That's a major problem I have with helmets, most of them give me headaches, except a Taiwanese helmet I bought overseas but the color does not match my current bike.

Get the color matching pin striping on your wheels to match your helmet...

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
Get the color matching pin striping on your wheels to match your helmet...

You need to post the HP gains with that

• Haha
Reactions: TK4

Don't worry about the visor up. I hardly ever ride with it down unless it's raining or I'm north of 120.

Back
Top Bottom