Honda Sidecar plan | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Sidecar plan

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Some very cool engineering. But in typical Honda fashion, they are trying to fix something that ain't broken.

I've been setting up and riding a sidecar equipped motorcycle with either Left or Right hand sidecars of several makes over the past 50 years or so.
Much of what "Cycle World" says is obviously written by someone who has not had much actual experience with "chairing".
Sure, the handling of a well set up sidecar-equipped motorcycle is slightly different from one side to the other and depends somewhat on the particular road and its camber, surface, crown and corners. But that is where "the fun begins".
AFJ

I would love to add a side car to my scrambler as I think it would look awesome.

Unfortunately the price of such an endeavour has immediately put me off it.

You would need to demo one beforehand. It's not for everyone.
i appreciate the difference brought about by the added wheel. One has to get used to riding on a tilt.

Can you switch back and forth or do you have to re-learn every time?

My brother was with TPS as a M/C cop in the days of straight bikes, sidecars and pie wagons. In training, riders would forget they were on a straight bike and get off, forgeting to put down the side stand. Clunk.

Or they'd forget they were on a pie wagon and try to go down a narrow lane. The pinacle was pracicing tight turns and hooking the sidecar on a flagpole at the Ex.

i appreciate the difference brought about by the added wheel. One has to get used to riding on a tilt.

Can you switch back and forth or do you have to re-learn every time?

My brother was with TPS as a M/C cop in the days of straight bikes, sidecars and pie wagons. In training, riders would forget they were on a straight bike and get off, forgeting to put down the side stand. Clunk.

Or they'd forget they were on a pie wagon and try to go down a narrow lane. The pinacle was pracicing tight turns and hooking the sidecar on a flagpole at the Ex.
I ride my trials bikes regularly and no problems. Only "issue" i had was not putting my foot down when coming to a stop and looking for the sidestand.
When buying a Ural, the dealer puts you through 45 minutes of rigorous training while he watches you in an empty lot.

Back
Top Bottom