Hey lawnmower driver | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey lawnmower driver

Ouch.
That will be expensive. If parts are available.

There's guys that will come to you in a mobile shop with a brake and all the necessary tools to bang out and rivet in a patch/patches.

Someone with a private jet hired a company to install a music system. The guy drilled a hole in a pressure bulkhead. Ten grand fix a few decades ago.
They got off lucky. Now it would probably be close to that for the paperwork to detail the approved repair and then you still have to pay someone to implement it.

I dabbled in this work VERY briefly in another lifetime. Even so, the things I saw would give you pause to board a commercial airline, nevermind this smaller GA stuff.
Rivet smiley's on pressurized skin? Just paint over it.
Cross threaded bolt? It'll hold, removing it is the next guy's problem.
Nevermind that half the guys probably couldn't read the Maintenance Manual, you couldn't find one in the shop anyway - "we do it this way because that's how we've always done it!"

I dabbled in this work VERY briefly in another lifetime. Even so, the things I saw would give you pause to board a commercial airline, nevermind this smaller GA stuff.
Rivet smiley's on pressurized skin? Just paint over it.
Cross threaded bolt? It'll hold, removing it is the next guy's problem.
Nevermind that half the guys probably couldn't read the Maintenance Manual, you couldn't find one in the shop anyway - "we do it this way because that's how we've always done it!"
Then there are the ones that build them. Drill a small hole in a fuel tank and plug it with gum. It passes the water leak test but fails when assembled into a wing and loaded with fuel.

Imagine being the guys patching up WW2 bombers , it’s missing 1/3 of a wing , no hydraulics and 47 holes in the fuselage. Needs to be in the air tonight. Ok , send extra coffee .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Even with paved runways, some airports have some plane parking spots on the grass. I havent been around during lawn cutting to see how these are dealt with.
The operator obviously wasn't paying attention, and should never have been that close to a "running" aircraft. It will never happen again. The owner (aircraft and mower) was in the aircraft at the time running up the engine. He was VERY angry.

Back
Top Bottom