Haliburton Ride - Wednesday Sept 4th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haliburton Ride - Wednesday Sept 4th

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I have an appt at Accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn for 2pm on Wednesday. Shouldn't be a super long appt - they are just setting up my bike's suspension for my weight, riding style, etc.
If you have ever wanted to check them out - now is your chance!

Taking the day off work and going to ride around Haliburton and then be in Buckhorn for 2pm... and then I figure back in the GTA around 6pm.

It looks to be a beautiful day with the forecast calling for 23deg and pure sun. Should be perfect for a ride with lots of beautiful twisty backroads and little traffic. No gravel intended - just paved roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing, but longer:)

Experienced riders only, since it will be a lot of twisty roads at a good pace.
Should be around 700km round trip from Mississauga.

Pace: I'll keep it responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and a fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas stops roughly every 200km with short breaks every 2 hours or so.
Food: Packing snacks & lunch with breaks at nice scenic spots.
Time: Leaving Mississauga @ 6:15am (have to start this early to beat the morning rush hour traffic:)

Meetups: Open to meet up anywhere between Misissauga and Port Perry.
Route: Here's the approx route: 3020 Unity Dr to Accelerated Technologies

PM or post up if you are interested.

1725199438622.png

Last edited:
Care you share the GPX file for this?

Looks like it will be a great ride.

Care you share the GPX file for this?

Looks like it will be a great ride.
Sure thing - route starts and ends in Port Perry. It's a bit longer on the GPX, because I also added in a few other twisty bits if there was time to include them.

Attachments

• Accelerated Haliburton.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm actually going to be riding up there on the Haliburton route with someone on a zx4rr.
dope! yeah i'm getting fully adjustable front forks and the ZX10R shock installed with an upgraded spring from Ktech.

And of course setup for my weight, some track duty, etc.

Excited to see the results!

dope! yeah i'm getting fully adjustable front forks and the ZX10R shock installed with an upgraded spring from Ktech.

And of course setup for my weight, some track duty, etc.

Excited to see the results!
I'm sure it will feel like it's planted while gliding on the road.

I have an appt at Accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn for 2pm on Wednesday. Shouldn't be a super long appt - they are just setting up my bike's suspension for my weight, riding style, etc.
If you have ever wanted to check them out - now is your chance!

Taking the day off work and going to ride around Haliburton and then be in Buckhorn for 2pm... and then I figure back in the GTA around 6pm.

It looks to be a beautiful day with the forecast calling for 23deg and pure sun. Should be perfect for a ride with lots of beautiful twisty backroads and little traffic. No gravel intended - just paved roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing, but longer:)

Experienced riders only, since it will be a lot of twisty roads at a good pace.
Should be around 700km round trip from Mississauga.

Pace: I'll keep it responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and a fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas stops roughly every 200km with short breaks every 2 hours or so.
Food: Packing snacks & lunch with breaks at nice scenic spots.
Time: Leaving Mississauga @ 6:15am (have to start this early to beat the morning rush hour traffic:)

Meetups: Open to meet up anywhere between Misissauga and Port Perry.
Route: Here's the approx route: 3020 Unity Dr to Accelerated Technologies

PM or post up if you are interested.

View attachment 69591
Any chance you want to drop off a rear suspension there for me! 1725360584760.png1725360584760.png

I see you are taking a bit of a detour to hit "Dyno Rd" between Haliburton and Bancroft - definitely worth it, that's a fun stretch of road :)

I'm at the cottage this week which is on Monck Lake, just past Dyno Rd. I only have my TE450 up here so not really the type of bike to join your ride, even for a small stretch unfortunately. Probably too cold already this time of year, but if you're sweating buckets in your leathers and looking for a dip in the lake (you'd probably turn onto Dyno around lunchish based on your route/schedulde) I could pick you up at the boat launch 2 mins from Dyno Rd. - if not this time consider it an option for another day next season :)

I see you are taking a bit of a detour to hit "Dyno Rd" between Haliburton and Bancroft - definitely worth it, that's a fun stretch of road :)

I'm at the cottage this week which is on Monck Lake, just past Dyno Rd. I only have my TE450 up here so not really the type of bike to join your ride, even for a small stretch unfortunately. Probably too cold already this time of year, but if you're sweating buckets in your leathers and looking for a dip in the lake (you'd probably turn onto Dyno around lunchish based on your route/schedulde) I could pick you up at the boat launch 2 mins from Dyno Rd. - if not this time consider it an option for another day next season :)
Thanks! If I wasn't somewhat on a tight timeline to get to the shop for 2pm, then that would be pretty cool.

But for next season....:)

Interesting route @shanekingsley, I've been curious about Deep Bay rd out of Moore Falls, kinda the back way to Minden. Also interested to hear about the road surface of Bobcaygeon and Kushog Lake, I did those a few years ago and they weren't great. Hopefully they have improved them.

Interesting route @shanekingsley, I've been curious about Deep Bay rd out of Moore Falls, kinda the back way to Minden. Also interested to hear about the road surface of Bobcaygeon and Kushog Lake, I did those a few years ago and they weren't great. Hopefully they have improved them.
Deep Bay Rd is one I always take instead of that stretch of 35, because it's much more interesting and way less traffic. The road surface is decent and there's some nice smooth corners.

Bobcaygeon Rd is pretty bumpy for sure with some frost heaves in mid-corner that will definitely wake you up and overall the road surface is not that great. I used to like it on my V-Strom, but cruiser's or a sporty bikes didn't like it. There's a few people now coming tomorrow, so I think we'll skip it and stay on the smoother 35.

Kushog Lake Rd is not as bumpy as Bobcaygeon Rd, but it has some corners that have been eaten away with small potholes and never been repaired as far as I know. I simply love it for the rollercoaster ride that it is, but you have to choose your lines wisely and ride well within your limits on it.

Because all of those roads are detours from the 35, they don't get travelled as much and it takes a long time for sand to wash and blow off the roads. I've been on Kushog Lake Rd in July and there was still lots of sand on it. I've also been on it in September when there's been no sand at all on it, and that's what I'm hoping for tomorrow. I haven't been on any of those 3 roads this year, so fingers crossed!

Great ride today Shane, just over 700km for me
Thanks for letting me tag along
Was great to visit and chat with John at Accel Tech while he worked on your bike

Weather was awesome minus the chilly morning, roads all in fantastic shape and very little traffic!

Great ride today Shane, just over 700km for me
Thanks for letting me tag along
Was great to visit and chat with John at Accel Tech while he worked on your bike

Weather was awesome minus the chilly morning, roads all in fantastic shape and very little traffic!
Glad you could come! That was a good ride today for sure - around 800km for me.

For anyone else - Kushog Lake Road is nicely paved and the best it's ever been. Same goes for the top half of Lower Faraday.

And it's well worth the ride up to see John and let him set your bike up.

Back
Top Bottom