Elephant in the Covid room | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Alberta a while back. I got invited to a line dance. I laughed and asked if they were serious. I also saw lots of cowboy hats. Felt like bad cosplay.
Did you notice most Albertans can and do use the F-word as a noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection?

Did you notice most Albertans can and do use the F-word as a noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection?
Doesn't everybody?

They couldn't hold a candle to a sober Glaswegian, let alone a drunk one.

06171af23cb6d9508cfc5c9b3b7e5443.jpg

The snobbery of Ontarians and Canadians especially against people like the Albertans and the ones in Texas and Florida who value freedom over fear is a joke. Just keep cutting your own throat and laugh while others get on with life . EAACB91C-2046-4F5E-BB95-FC2279EABD94.jpeg

Both my kids live in northern Alberta , so precovid I spent a fair amount of time out there. They have a different mindset on a lot of things , but its not exactly redneck hick ville you guys are making it out to be.

But then I owned a house in Arizona for a number of years when I was playing cowboy so there is that.

Both my kids live in northern Alberta , so precovid I spent a fair amount of time out there. They have a different mindset on a lot of things , but its not exactly redneck hick ville you guys are making it out to be.

But then I owned a house in Arizona for a number of years when I was playing cowboy so there is that.
Country folk , horse folk and rural folk are 10000 times the quality humans that GTA and other city folk are.

Country folk , horse folk and rural folk are 10000 times the quality humans that GTA and other city folk are.
It depends what you are considering quality. Mostly I like country/horse/rural folk better but in some aspects (like drunk driving) I don't know if there is any difference where/how they live.

Needed to look that up. Not sure if I would call them traitors. Inept certainly and possibly blinded by power/donations. Is that sufficient to be a traitor? I think trudeau is criminally negligent on a daily basis. Douggie may also pass that bar wrt ltc and possibly treatment of some commercial establishments. Traitor definitions vary. I'm not sure either one passes that bar (although a lot depends on the class that they should be loyal to. If it was citizens, there is a good chance the are over the bar, it it is political party members or contributors I think both are well within the lines).
In a way I feel sorry for JT. He may have been been happy as a drama teacher but the Liberal political mandarins needed a front man. Justy had a famous last name, ignoring that his father had left politics with scorched underpants.

Justy looked cooler than most, had hair and spoke well. All they needed to do is program him and hook up the puppet strings.

I went to Alberta a while back. I got invited to a line dance. I laughed and asked if they were serious. I also saw lots of cowboy hats. Felt like bad cosplay.

A guy told the story of being in a restaurant and someone mentioned getting chrome pipes for his John Deere. He replied "Isn't that like putting makeup on a pig?" The room got very quiet.

We went through Alberta and met up with some friends that had been there for a while. Discussions floated around, not unlike GTAM and either I or my wife made a comment about tacky Hawaiian paintings on black velvet.

The next day we met at their place to do some joint sightseeing and above their sofa was a painting on black velvet.
Lesson learned. Never walk barefoot through a barnyard in the dark.

I'm not saying the average rural folk or blue collar Albertan is bad -- it's just a different. Very nice people.

Hayseed and hick are prevalent (dominant?) from end to end inside Alberta.

Covid reality check for me.

I spent yesterday resetting about 100 SF of interlock. I took my time and no more than the usual work aches until an hour later. Then I got a serious pain in my side. It didn't feel muscular and although I have had kidney stones in the past this felt different although the pain level was right up there.

Was I at higher risk riding it out at home or risking contracting Covid at a hospital waiting hours to be treated, if I could get treated?

Whatever it was went away after a couple of hours of pacing around. I feel fine this morning and plan some more yard work.

What is your game plan if there is no room at the inn because a bunch of group huggers, religious nutjobs, mask theorists, anti vaxxers and chip implant freaks have brought this to where we are?

Think about it.

The snobbery of Ontarians and Canadians especially against people like the Albertans and the ones in Texas and Florida who value freedom over fear is a joke. Just keep cutting your own throat and laugh while others get on with life . View attachment 48506
Call it snobbery... call it whatever you want.

Freedoms came at a cost, Texans were willing to pay that cost- so far one in 10 Texans contracted COVID, 50,000 did not survive it. That's about 3x what Canada has experienced.

Many Canadians are willing to pay that price too, but many more are not.

Covid reality check for me.

I spent yesterday resetting about 100 SF of interlock. I took my time and no more than the usual work aches until an hour later. Then I got a serious pain in my side. It didn't feel muscular and although I have had kidney stones in the past this felt different although the pain level was right up there.

Was I at higher risk riding it out at home or risking contracting Covid at a hospital waiting hours to be treated, if I could get treated?

Whatever it was went away after a couple of hours of pacing around. I feel fine this morning and plan some more yard work.

What is your game plan if there is no room at the inn because a bunch of group huggers, religious nutjobs, mask theorists, anti vaxxers and chip implant freaks have brought this to where we are?

Think about it.

Repeat after me : bock , bock bock.
Let me put it back on you.
What have most people been doing their whole life to avoid going to the hospital ever? Pretty much nothing, just like you, they are looking to have the government or everyone else solve their problems.
You can sit at home bubble wrapped your whole life but death will come for you anyway sooner or later. And you have no idea when it could be one minute from now or decades from now. But you enjoy living in fear.

Freedoms came at a cost, Texans were willing to pay that cost- so far one in 10 Texans contracted COVID, 50,000 did not survive it. That's about 3x what Canada has experienced.

Once again you're not factoring in the massive amount of deaths from continued lockdowns. You are trading one set of deaths for many many more deaths from the fallout. But people don't want to see that.
As we know this virus is never going away ever ,so talking about Deaths isn't relevant as people will be dying from this decades from now. Just like every other virus on the planet that has not been eliminated

I'm not saying the average rural folk or blue collar Albertan is bad -- it's just a different. Very nice people.

Hayseed and hick are prevalent (dominant?) from end to end inside Alberta.
Manitoba is pretty redneck in it's own way.

I was shooting the breeze with a manager and mentioned I was born in Winnipeg. He commented he had family there, except for his nephew who was in Headingly. Knowing the manager and his local family, all gregarious focused decent people, I assumed the nephew was a manager in the Headingly main business, the prison.

Not so. The nephew was very successful in the insurance business but had married the daughter of a Manitoba redneck. Redneck FIL couldn't understand how the guy was making so much money, played golf during the week, country club lifestyle, snazzy car etc. FIL was convinced the guy was on the take or worse, into organized crime. The daughter took after her father and made the guy so miserable he tried to hire a hit man to bump her off and ended up in jail for conspiracy to commit murder.

OK maybe the insurance / organized crime thing could be understandable.

I don't condone the guy's actions but having many redneck relatives I fully understand.

If you read my post above yours, my problem is that I am prepared to relinquish some freedoms. However I expect some reward for that sacrifice. Like feeling it's safe to go to a hospital.

Instead some shytehead ignoramus gets my spot because he's younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom