Dublin / Ireland What to see and do? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dublin / Ireland What to see and do?

timtune

Site Supporter
Squeeze and I are going to be on the IOM for a week late August next year for the Manx Grand Prix. The slightly less awesome but waaaay less crowded cousin to the TT.
It's riding season here and I'd be glad to blow in and out of Dublin airport and being home in a week. She on the other hand figures after the hassle of flying we should spend some time seeing Dublin and Ireland.

OK she's not wrong so it looks like a couple days in Dublin and maybe another 3 days in the country is likely the trade off.

We backpacked Europe for months in the late 80's and took in so many castles and old churches that we don't need to spend too much time on those. She doesn't drink and I don't drink a lot of spirits so the Guinnes or Jameson tour would enough on that side.
After much internetting the only thing I'm really keen to see is the Devil's causeway/staircase. I'd very much like to drink pints in a pub chatting with locals but know that will be limited.

Suggestions??
**country travel by rail - she doesn't trust me to drive on the left

Squeeze and I are going to be on the IOM for a week late August next year for the Manx Grand Prix. The slightly less awesome but waaaay less crowded cousin to the TT.
It's riding season here and I'd be glad to blow in and out of Dublin airport and being home in a week. She on the other hand figures after the hassle of flying we should spend some time seeing Dublin and Ireland.

OK she's not wrong so it looks like a couple days in Dublin and maybe another 3 days in the country is likely the trade off.

We backpacked Europe for months in the late 80's and took in so many castles and old churches that we don't need to spend too much time on those. She doesn't drink and I don't drink a lot of spirits so the Guinnes or Jameson tour would enough on that side.
After much internetting the only thing I'm really keen to see is the Devil's causeway/staircase. I'd very much like to drink pints in a pub chatting with locals but know that will be limited.

Suggestions??
**country travel by rail - she doesn't trust me to drive on the left

The west of Ireland is more remote/rugged and you’ll bump into locals more than you would in Dublin. The Isle of Man is worth some time exploring though. The Laxey Wheel, Snaefell railway. If you hit a good day on the top of the mountain it’s the only place you can see England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales from. It’s been misty every time I’ve been there though. You can also get a ferry from the IOM to Liverpool if you fancy exploring that city or want to go watch a football game.

Yes very keen to tour IOM and take in all three railways - Steam, electric and cog.

Coolock's a quaint area of Dublin. :censored:

In terms of things to see, Dublin was chock full of pretty girls when I was there.

If someone asks if you kick with your left foot or right foot, don’t answer 👍

Envious. That was a trip my wife and I intended as she had Irish blood on her dad's side.

Back
Top Bottom