Do you think it's indecent to ride without a shirt? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you think it's indecent to ride without a shirt?

Is it indecent to ride a bicycle/motorcycle without a shirt?

• Yes - No exceptions

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No - no exceptions

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Only if they're unfit

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters
My dermatologist says there's no such thing as a good tan.

While fit exposed bodies (Male or female) can be rated for attractiveness, being nicely clothed says "I have the brains to dress myself."
[video=youtube;_4jgUcxMezM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM[/video]

It's a valid concern. Thankfully, I've pretty much stayed out of the sun since I was 15 (not sure how much damage could've been done when I was a kid.) In terms of hours in the sun, I'm still waaaaaaaaay behind than some of the people who roast themselves in the sun. Also, the darker you are, the less likely you are to get skin cancer (but even this is debatable).

And if anyone else enjoys riding around, PM me. I think I'm addicted to biking around...lol. I've been biking from scarb to downtown, around downtown, then back for the past couple of days. Don't worry, I usually wear a shirt unless I'm biking in the daytime:p.

Well it's legal so you can do whatever you want. Do I prefer to see it? No. Hot chicks I do enjoy seeing topless but it's still indecent and I probably wouldn't have the highest opinion of her but still enjoy the show.

I did it last year with my buddy when we went to Wasaga. Rode around the strip in my swim shorts and helmet (and riding boots! lol).....but it was more of a joke. I wouldn't do it on the regular. Certainly not in the city. Taking bugs to the bare chest at highway speed is actually not a pleasant feeling.

[video=youtube;_4jgUcxMezM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM[/video]It's a valid concern. Thankfully, I've pretty much stayed out of the sun since I was 15 (not sure how much damage could've been done when I was a kid.)

You need SOME sun, or at least vitamin D supplements. Otherwise you are exposing yourself to a greater risk of other cancers, the kind that attacks the lining of our organs (colorectal cancer being an example).

You need SOME sun, or at least vitamin D supplements. Otherwise you are exposing yourself to a greater risk of other cancers, the kind that attacks the lining of our organs (colorectal cancer being an example).
Yeah...I realized that this year. I still try to stay away from the sun, but I still get more than I used to. I've always been a night person, though. The older I get, the more I realize that everything's about moderation and balance. With that said, I still hate the sun. hahaha

One thing I miss about the bicycle is the full face. I hate getting pelted by bugs in the face :mad:. I highly doubt I'd ride without a shirt on the bike unless it was around the beach or I was in Arizona again.

I also have a theory that one of the reasons white people suck at aging is 'cause they get too much sun (coupled with having lighter skin pigments to begin with). I've also learned that wearing sunglasses when you're younger makes a really difference with crow's feet when you're older.

themoreyouknow.jpg, I guess

I also have a theory that one of the reasons white people suck at aging is 'cause they get too much sun (coupled with having lighter skin pigments to begin with). I've also learned that wearing sunglasses when you're younger makes a really difference with crow's feet when you're older.

themoreyouknow.jpg, I guess

that theory doesn't explain why black people are a little more physically fit or why people in the Caribbean age better than people in N. america.

I've always been in the sun, I played several sports as a child and never locked myself indoors. I do hiking occasionally and bicycle the Don Trails.

I'm Chinese by descent and ppl think I look Philipino. My mom used to give me a hard time about me getting dark. If u ask me, I think I am still healthier than the average Asian population. Most people would never, ever guess my age. I still get carded sometimes at the Beer Store. Someone refused to sell me a Beer at a restaurant in Sudbury, go figure.

that theory doesn't explain why black people are a little more physically fit or why people in the Caribbean age better than people in N. america.

My mom used to give me a hard time about me getting dark. If u ask me, I think I am still healthier than the average Asian population. Most people would never, ever guess my age. I still get carded sometimes at the Beer Store. Someone refused to sell me a Beer at a restaurant in Sudbury, go figure.
It would to some degree, actually. Darker pigments means you're less likely to burn (which = lower chance of skin cancer) + your skin isn't as negatively affected by the sun. So the fact that they get more sun than a North American can be equalized by a darker pigmentation. I'm also not too sure about how the black people being more fit is relevant, but one explanation is that a lot of black people tend to have more fast-twitch muscles than slow-twitch.

I used to play outside all day from the morning to late at night. I think it's really anywhere in asia where being lighter is valued. For Philippines, I know it's because being fairer-skinned means that you don't have to do much labour (which means that you'd be part of the higher class in society). It's also partly because they're all about imitating the Americans or just white people in general.

Back
Top Bottom