Dirt Bike Insurance. huh? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirt Bike Insurance. huh?

The government needs to step in here because this rediculous. I'm sick of getting ripped off by these damn insurance companies. They are ruining the sport!!!

Some friends of my wife had a get together at their farm. A bunch of the kids were taking turns with a snowmobile and one of the kids got hit by the machine and will never be right again.

Who picks up the tab? It could have just as easily been a bike.

I'm not sure how nit picky the laws are ie the kid on the machine didn't own the farm. I'm not sure if the machine was insured but I wouldn't want to be legally involved in any way.

What are the chances?

I pay roughly $70 per year through State Farm for a 225.

looks like dirt bikes are cheaper to insure than scooters that cant even keep up with traffic.

TD has excellent rates for snowmobiles, so they might (or might not) have good dirt bike rates as well.

looks like dirt bikes are cheaper to insure than scooters that cant even keep up with traffic.

There you have it - riding a two wheeled vehicle in traffic that is too slow to keep up with traffic flow is a dangerous activity, likely MORE dangerous than riding a dirt bike in a forest if you ask me. That justifies the lower rate in my opinion...

There you have it - riding a two wheeled vehicle in traffic that is too slow to keep up with traffic flow is a dangerous activity, likely MORE dangerous than riding a dirt bike in a forest if you ask me. That justifies the lower rate in my opinion...

I'm all about flying in under the radar. if a dirt bike is cheaper to insure on the road than a sport tourer than that would make a great way to pay less insurance.

I bought a 2006 Yamaha TTR 230 and the quotes I have been given are insane. I have over 5 years of riding experience on and off road riding and I have a street bike with continuous coverage for over 5 years. I have a full M as well and took the canada saftey council training.

For an off-road bike living in Toronto, Ont.

STATE FARM will not insure me and my TTR 230 unless I have the A plan and bring my SUV and Motorcycle over to them.
WISENER from Brampton for Liability is quoting me at 975.00 per year
ROYAL AND SONS (who I have my SUV with) is Quoting me for Liability only at 712.00 per year
PRIMUM TD is quoting me for Liability only at 801.00 per year
JEVCO for Liability per year is 916.00

I have no idea why a TTR 230 off road vehicle would be so much. Esp that I have insurance out my ears with my other vehicles. No convictions, tickets or accidents ever.

Please if anyone could offer advice it be greatly appreciated.

Hi Seca2Girl,

I had a TTR, and many other off road bikes before. Statefarm always had the lowest rate (around $10 a month for liability and comprehensive). I found different agents had different prices, not sure if they are quoting STREET prices. Needless to say those prices are outlandish, but I was given a quote of 2400 for a XR200 once from TD Melonche.

Try calling Kimberly Fox of state farm, she gave me great rates for my KX450. Ph: 9056190611 / kim@janecameron.ca

Back
Top Bottom