Dirt Bike Insurance. huh? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirt Bike Insurance. huh?

zibzer

I was reading on another website that claims all off-road motorcycles must be insured in Ontario. Whats this all about? never heard of it and my dirt bike isn't insured. Now im afraid to drive it come spring because i might get a ticket. and would this affect my auto and street bike insurance?

what a crazy province we live in. all the dumbest rules ever created are in this province.

I pay roughly $70 per year through State Farm for a 225.

$70/year, nice! Do you also have your auto with State Farm?

I priced it out, and it didn't make sense for me to move my auto/home insurance to State Farm. So without the "group" bonuses, I pay the following for just my toys insured for liability through State Farm:

1989 CR125R Dirtbike: $126.88/year
1984 Honda 250R ATC: $128.93/year
1986 Honda 350X ATC: $144.57/year

And like mentioned above, if you ride your dirtbike anywhere other than private property (where you have permission to ride) you NEED liability insurance - the fines and other consequences aren't worth the risk!

And like mentioned above, if you ride your dirtbike anywhere other than private property (where you have permission to ride) you NEED liability insurance - the fines and other consequences aren't worth the risk!

Legally, you need insurance to ride on any property other than YOUR own property. This applies to public property, private property, everywhere but on YOUR OWN property.

Worth every penny!!!!

If you crash and get hurt its considered a MVA claim. I broke my back(twice now) and even though I was racing in a sanctioned motocross event, they paid, and continue to pay my medical bills, which saldy, are pretty big!

Legally, you need insurance to ride on any property other than YOUR own property. This applies to public property, private property, everywhere but on YOUR OWN property.

True - although pay-to-play areas (like Gopher Dunes) do not require you to have your own insurance since they provide liability insurance which is built into the cost to use their facilities for the day.

They absolutely would!

can i get a toke of what your smoking...... im pretty sure you cant get collision on a dirt bike..... and liability does not cover throwing your bike off a cliff

can i get a toke of what your smoking...... im pretty sure you cant get collision on a dirt bike..... and liability does not cover throwing your bike off a cliff

Sure you can get Comprehensive and/or Collision on a dirt bike or quad (depending on the company).

Yes, if you accidentally ride off a cliff your bike will be paid for if you have Collision Coverage. Your injuries (or funeral expenses) will be paid by Accident Benefits. < $150 seems pretty cheap for this coverage IMO.

My Kawi KLX300 through Statefarm was 120/year for liability & comp.

I upgraded to a KX450F, and the rates sky rocketed to 370/year! Apparently the 300cc mark is where they exponentially increase rates.

I called dozens of palces for quotes, but no one could beat Statefarm for dirt. One place actually quoted me $1700/year for dirt bike liability!

I just bought a crf250r. Only to find out this insurance crap would give me a headache from hell!! State farm wouldn't do it , and every other company quoted me between 1800 and 2800 dollars. Just to ride a friggen dirtbike. Is this a joke. What state farms are you guys using, or better yet where

The government needs to step in here because this rediculous. I'm sick of getting ripped off by these damn insurance companies. They are ruining the sport!!!

Something obviously wrong here,I dont think anybody would have to pay that for a offroad bike.There must be a reason you are getting these quotes,any other details you are forgetting:confused:

Back
Top Bottom