Dashcam from DVP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dashcam from DVP

Have you ever seen anyone ticketed for it? I haven't. Also just straight up driving the shoulder and cutting across bull noses on on-ramps seems popular. I've seen zero people pulled over for that either. Careless driving tickets in those situations seem justified to me. F em. Really infrequently enforced means you need a giant hammer to swing the pendulum.
Nope, but like a lot of things in Canada, we pay a lot in taxes and the services we get are still lean. So street chaos takes over, which is why things like this and others take hold.

Have you ever seen anyone ticketed for it? I haven't. Also just straight up driving the shoulder and cutting across bull noses on on-ramps seems popular. I've seen zero people pulled over for that either. Careless driving tickets in those situations seem justified to me. F em. Really infrequently enforced means you need a giant hammer to swing the pendulum.
It’s a tough call because there is X number of cops for X times Y number of drivers. So even if a cop was 100m ahead, or behind, he’d probably not even see it happening. So I don’t blame it on them.

I blame it on the justice and legal system for a slap on the wrist for what effectively could end in murder of a road user.

The cops can do what they can, but it’s up to the justice system to actually enforce those laws and make sure people don’t reoffend.

Recent example is 34 ( or thereabouts) thieves caught / charged for theft of vehicles. Majority of them were already on bail for stealing vehicles, but EVERY SINGLE ONE CAUGHT was back on the street within a few hours…WTF!

This is the latest trend in Toronto, when the highways slow down, people move into the on ramp merge lane to try and get past the traffic and merge back in at the last second/as the lane ends. When one idiot does it the rest follow suit. See this all the time on the 401 now.
This is not a new thing. In fact it used to be that on a good day, NOBODY would let these ******** back in

Edit: To be clear, I don't care anymore myself. I will let them in. Maybe getting those small wins is what keeps them going. And I'd always rather have them in front of me than behind me

Back
Top Bottom