Dashcam from DVP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dashcam from DVP

slowbird

Incase this was someone on here, you might want this footage:

Saw this on Reddit the other day.
That Rav4 driver at 0:36 is a ******

Hope they are able to identify and charge that Civic driver.

Yeah me too. I feel for the rider.

Society is ******. The comments are sad and lack any critical thinking. There is a human being injured and no one seems to care while another driver zips past in the same lane. If this isn't a clear indicator that we are ******, I don't know what is.

I'm sure the riders riding played a big part in the outcome but at the end of the day there is still a human being injured and vulnerable to further injuries.

People are selfish.

Karma is a *****

I think the problem with this video was showing the first 2 bikes lane splitting. If it wasn't for that, there's no evidence this rider did anything wrong. He was clearly in the center of his lane when the car turned into him, and the fact that it kept going speaks to them knowing they were in the wrong.

I've ridden with others who started lane splitting, but I just stayed in my lane and caught up with regular lane changes. I would hate for this to happen to me and then have someone claim that I brought it on myself.

Hope the Civic driver is caught. Dangerous move. leaving the scene when someone is injured is a heavy charge.

The lesson here is no matter whether you are right or wrong as a rider in a collision, you always lose.

It takes years to develop the situational awareness to know how to ride in a condition like this. Wear gear. Learn from videos like this.

Why did no one stop to help???

Why did no one stop to help???

At least one car immediately pulled over behind the rider and stopped.

And after watching the video a couple more times, I'm pretty confident that the white SUV was indeed trying to catch up to the Civic the way it was speeding and tailgating him on an offramp.

Last edited:
Maybe somebody did. The percentage willing to stop is way less than 10%. Account for those that would stop but can't due to being in a lane too far away or having their kids in the car and you get a rider laying unprotected for longer than we'd like.
yeah agreed.

few years back on the 401 E I saw a civic fly by me spinning in the air. I immediately pulled over to the right shoulder got out and crossed to the passing lane while people were reacting and slowing down to the event. Checked on both vehicles involved and called police. OPP and TFD show up asked me where my vehicle was parked, i point across the lanes and they were all like "You actually walked across the highway? Stones on this guy..."

IIRC, one other person stopped to make sure everyone was good and I was there for close to an hour.

Got the strongest feeling of deja-vu while watching that video.

I swear I had just read about this exact thing happening to someone here on GTAM.

Quick search and found it:

The highway was jammed and the entire exit lane was empty and I was driving at the speed limit on the road. Out comes the front of a black sedan.. out of nowhere.. perpendicularly from that lane that branches into the exit.

These hail mary type of moves from cagers happen frequently on Don Mills when you are using the HOV lanes. Two lanes are jammed up, and the right lane lane is the only one moving. You just have to be prepared and adjust your speed in anticipation of one of these idiots to make their move. I still remember the poor female rider that got smoked on the 403 years ago.

This is the latest trend in Toronto, when the highways slow down, people move into the on ramp merge lane to try and get past the traffic and merge back in at the last second/as the lane ends. When one idiot does it the rest follow suit. See this all the time on the 401 now.

This is the latest trend in Toronto, when the highways slow down, people move into the on ramp merge lane to try and get past the traffic and merge back in at the last second/as the lane ends. When one idiot does it the rest follow suit. See this all the time on the 401 now.
Have you ever seen anyone ticketed for it? I haven't. Also just straight up driving the shoulder and cutting across bull noses on on-ramps seems popular. I've seen zero people pulled over for that either. Careless driving tickets in those situations seem justified to me. F em. Really infrequently enforced means you need a giant hammer to swing the pendulum.

Have you ever seen anyone ticketed for it? I haven't. Also just straight up driving the shoulder and cutting across bull noses on on-ramps seems popular. I've seen zero people pulled over for that either. Careless driving tickets in those situations seem justified to me. F em. Really infrequently enforced means you need a giant hammer to swing the pendulum.

Even if the cops hand the tickets out, the justice system in Canada is broken, slap on the wrist doesn't deter anyone.

Got the strongest feeling of deja-vu while watching that video.

I swear I had just read about this exact thing happening to someone here on GTAM.

Quick search and found it:

Yep.. that was me..

Learnt a very valuable lesson on GTA drivers and differential speed between lanes that day!!

The OPP ticket for that move on the 404 south at the on-ramp for 17th and 18th ave. Don’t know the charge, but the do hang out there when the hwy is too slow for HTAs.

Back
Top Bottom