CSBK and Fallen Rider Support Team | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK and Fallen Rider Support Team

timtune

Site Supporter
A few weeks back I attended the Grand Bend CSBK round. Camped with friends and watched great MC racing.

I had a good time BUT the four colour program for Grand bend promised :
"All day V twin drag racing" - Never happened
"Flat track racing" - Never happened
"Exciting Show and Shine" I had specifically trailered a classic bike down for this. It turned out to be the parking lot spot for day passers who rode in.

The event seemed very disorganized. It doesn't bode well for other rounds. I was planning to attend the CTMP round so I emailed the the organizers (Fallen Riders ST) to find out what to expect. Crickets.

Anyone close to this know what's up?

Feel free to PM me. I am curious.
Attended CSBK at a CTMP a few times in the past and it seemed well organized. Different organizers??

A few weeks back I attended the Grand Bend CSBK round. Camped with friends and watched great MC racing.

I had a good time BUT the four colour program for Grand bend promised :
"All day V twin drag racing" - Never happened
"Flat track racing" - Never happened
"Exciting Show and Shine" I had specifically trailered a classic bike down for this. It turned out to be the parking lot spot for day passers who rode in.

The event seemed very disorganized. It doesn't bode well for other rounds. I was planning to attend the CTMP round so I emailed the the organizers (Fallen Riders ST) to find out what to expect. Crickets.

Anyone close to this know what's up?
It sounds like they don't care about spectators at all. I would be demanding a refund maybe a visa charge back.

Sent from the future

I didn't think it was that bad. Pretty decent day overall until it rained. Definitely wouldn't charge back over it, that feels extremely greasy.
Sounds like 1 out 4 things that were supposed to happen happened 25% is pretty **** I would want my money back. Don't promise if you aren't going to deliver.

Sent from the future

The drag show didn't happen because it poured rain. Not a lot you can do about that!
The show-n-shine was disappointing, I agree. That was poorly organized.
Flat Track racing wasn't on the agenda for Grand Bend, that was on for Shannonville, where it DID happen, and it was awesome.

The paddock stuff is organized by Fallen Rider, the racing is still CSBK.

The CSBK show is better than it's been in years despite the small AM grids. The pro grids are decent, and the depth of speed in them is awesome.

There's a genuine set of 6 riders who can win on any given day in pro CSBK, and there's been five different winners across the first three weekend in Pro SBK.

So out of your comments above, there's one thing that was supposed to happen and didn't on the fan side (due to weather), and one thing that needs better setup (this is a teething problem I think they deserve slack for).

I would email info@csbk.ca if I was in your shoes and wanted answers.

There should be a fan zone that's better organized and set up at CTMP - but it will depend on the Rider's Choice guys letting groups set up on the Thursday which I really hope they do for the sake of the sport and the industry as a whole.

Flat Track racing wasn't on the agenda for Grand Bend, that was on for Shannonville, where it DID happen, and it was awesome.
It's listed in the 4 colour program they were handing out.

It didn't rain all day so there could have been some drag racing.

Agreed it's not worth charging back for it's a bit disappointing.

It's listed in the 4 colour program they were handing out.

It didn't rain all day so there could have been some drag racing.

Agreed it's not worth charging back for it's a bit disappointing.

I'd have to have someone show me a pic of the program, it's not on any documents I got during the weekend, but I don't have a program.
Let me ask you this though: Where at Grand Bend is there even a flat track for them to race on?

I'm sorry you don't believe me but it's in the printed program they were handing out at GB that weekend.
There is NO track so why did these guys promise it.
I just hope CTMP is better.

CTMP is going to be awesome. There definitely won't be flat track or drag racing there though!
I'm hoping there'll be manufacturer demo rides for fans.

I'm hoping there'll be manufacturer demo rides for fans.
There usually are and if you hustle you can get 2-3 rides in.
I love introducing new bikes to the rev limiter!

Back
Top Bottom