Contour closes its doors | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Contour closes its doors

Nice. Do you think you could do that for and MP4 that I recovered from accidental deletion that won't play? And do you think you could tell me if another of my MP4 vids is actually missing the audio track, or if it just isn't playing because of some glitch?

Sadly no, I'd have to do a lot of Googling. The thing about containers (.avi, .mp4, .mov, etc.) is that the video and audio can be compressed in many different ways and I don't know them off the top of my head (I don't specialize in this stuff). Your mp4 could have the audio at the beginning, and video at the end, or have something retarded like split in 512 byte segments and some is for audio and some is for the picture.

Generally information like this is kept in spec documents readily available online but they're usually long and incredibly boring to read.

If your camera is making corrupt recordings, I'd suggest sending some hate mail to support (I did to Contour lol).

Haven't had any issues with my Hero 3 except battery life sucks.
My Contour GPS--which I traded my old Hero 2 for straight-up ::headsmack::--is a POS. Maybe because it's used, but, it can't hold a battery charge worth a damn and most of the video files it records are corrupted files that can't be played back. I love the form factor for helmet-mounting but I've given up trying to use this thing.

Any you unhappy contour owners want to lend me your contour and mounts to try out (and potentially buy if it works out)?

I am looking for something to make time lapse videos of my rides, so sound is not important.

Still rocking the original Hero HD.

Smashed it into the ground at 100km/h.

Still works mint.

+1, I paid 150 all in at Rider's Choice. I don't need the fancy features for over double the price, just video recording and this thing does a better resolution than my laptop wants to handle...

The best thing the new ones have over it is the slimmer form factor, although I love the looks the camera gets. People seem more interested in it than the bike or anything else; at least they're watching you and know they're being recorded hopefully deterring them from stupidity.

Then again you have that poor bastard who got slapped in the face while on his bike with the GoPro running and let the man walk away from it...

Still rocking the original Hero HD.

Smashed it into the ground at 100km/h.

Still works mint.

+1 Got a Hero2 HD - I pre-ordered my "auto" version for $180 when it first came out. I used it a LOT the first few years, but now not so much - I need a better computer for video editing.

Sorry to read about Contour, but they were no where even close to GoPro - both in terms of business/marketing strategy OR technology. Also, these types of cameras are ALL about the mounts - the more type of mounts you can offer, the more creative you can get with your shots and thus the more you get out of the camera :)

As with any cutting edge technology - there are bound to be failures... Way too much hate going on here.

Back
Top Bottom