Coffee shops, West GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coffee shops, West GTA

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I may have a relative visiting and am under the impression she enjoys a really good cup of caffeine. She feels Starbucks is over rated.

I drink anything that keeps me awake. Any recommendations in the west end?

I'm not a coffee aficionado and usually prefer a flavored or specialty coffee with lots of sugar - like McDonald's caramel iced coffee, or if I get dragged into a Starbucks, then any of their sugary Frappuccino's. I always found Starbucks regular coffee too bitter. Maybe try second Cup? Also heard good things about Back Road Coffee Roasters, but never tried it personally.

The only place I ever had a regular coffee (technically a double Americano) that I thought was really good was at Wanda's Pie in the Sky in Kensington Market. So I guess it depends on how West you mean.

If you're not a coffee aficionado, then it's hard to recommend a place. For me...I'd just go on google maps, enter the word 'coffee' and then see what's in your area.

I'm not a coffee aficionado and usually prefer a flavored or specialty coffee with lots of sugar - like McDonald's caramel iced coffee, or if I get dragged into a Starbucks, then any of their sugary Frappuccino's. I always found Starbucks regular coffee too bitter. Maybe try second Cup? Also heard good things about Back Road Coffee Roasters, but never tried it personally.

The only place I ever had a regular coffee (technically a double Americano) that I thought was really good was at Wanda's Pie in the Sky in Kensington Market. So I guess it depends on how West you mean.
The elite often reminded of the epidode of Frazier where Frazier and Niles return from one of their gourmet dinners and Daphne asks them how it was.

Frazier replies "Perfect"

Daphne says "You mean really really good but you stll found something to complain about"

This place has very nice coffee: Terminal 3 Coffee Roasters

They have a small seating area inside as well.
It was around $10-$12 for a small cup the last few times I went.

Apparently it is a side gig for two bankers that own this business. They import beans from all over.

Attachments

• IMG-20221008-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20221008-WA0000.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
I don't know if there is one in your area but starbucks that have the original clover machines are worth checking out. I have no love for starbucks coffee but the coffee that comes out of the clover is amazing black. Only a few stores have a clover. They've started rolling out clover vertica machines which are far different and muddy the waters (and I have low hopes for vertica coffee based on what I have seen but I haven't tried one).

well more north than west, in the Newmarket area. Great independent for coffee, snacks, soft serve ice cream. Love this place

Metropolis Mercantile + Café
(905) 235-0491

Metropolis Mercantile + Café - Google Search

Back
Top Bottom