Chinese rotors | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chinese rotors

Sportbike scene isn't a cheap hobby. Everyone should be prepared for the costs associated with it. If parts are too expensive, a lesser bike should often be considered so you can have spare cash for mods/maintenance.

Especially when it's your safety in question.

I got rotors for one of my project bikes off of Ebay. The rotors were from HK (which means they probably are from China)... I upgraded my bike's front to include ZX11 forks with ZX12R rotors, I have 3 track days on them plus about 8k of street riding and they are not warped and nothing has happened. I'm happy with my sub 200 buck purchase for 2 front rotors... AND I bet my bike weighs a ton more then the ZX12R they were originally built for ...

I got the wave style rotors with gold centres for bling, haha :p

Pic here of me at the track day:

Img_3183.jpg

Last edited:
At least with an OEM name on it, there will hopefully be someone from that OEM watching over the QC procedures at the facility in China and getting them to do the job correctly. With aftermarket (as cheap as possible) there is no such guarantee.

One of my customers has a plant in China. They make all the production equipment here (to Canadian standards) and ship it over there to run it.

I've had the same issue. Aftermarket (aka Chinese) brake rotors on my previous car resulted in the car eating wheel bearings, I suspect that something was not machined correctly with the way the bearings seated. Back to OEM VW, problem went away.

C'mon Brian...everyone knows that VW's eat wheelbearings anyways. They key is to replace Jetta ones with Dodge neon ACR ones and they'll never go bad again. True story.
My old Jetta with 350,000 kms....ate two sets of OEM ones. Swap to Mopar...never again did they go bad.
Mopar overbuilt the ACR ones to win the streetstock class of 24 endurance racing.

Chiller...nice bike..Me loves a Zephyr! Looking for a 750 for myself

Last edited:
Chiller...nice bike..Me loves a Zephyr! Looking for a 750 for myself

Thanks, the 550 and 750 I looked at both but when I test them they did not have the ooomph that I wanted. The 1100 is a bit porkier but has the oomph I want. Mine also wears ZRX1200 rear shocks on the back and I just got Racetechs springs front and rear to spring it to my weight, so hopefully this will make it handle even better.

Good luck on your 750 :)

750 has the right size wheels for me. That's my big driving factor in looking for one.
I have a line on one is BC. Nice, but far away

750 has the right size wheels for me. That's my big driving factor in looking for one.
I have a line on one is BC. Nice, but far away

I know what you mean, hence why I switched out to a ZX11 front end, gives me a 17" front rim ... so I'm using 120 fronts and 160 rears, same as the SV's

AND I bet my bike weighs a ton more then the ZX12R they were originally built for ...

Nice bike......

The ZX12 is one heafty pig as well............
500+lbs.
It isn't a light bike when considering the weight of the newer liter bikes.

I'd look for some stock replacements or some EBC's if you plan on keeping it for a while and want good rotors.
Front brakes are by far your most important.

Back
Top Bottom