Baie-Comeau to Manic-Cinq? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Baie-Comeau to Manic-Cinq?

John4852

Anyone done this? Baie-Comeau to Manic-Cinq.

It appears to be 230km between gas stations so unless I carry extra I don't think I can but the twisty road looks a blast.

Is this a bad or a good idea on a CBR650?

Anyone done this? Baie-Comeau to Manic-Cinq.

It appears to be 230km between gas stations so unless I carry extra I don't think I can but the twisty road looks a blast.

Is this a bad or a good idea on a CBR650?
Myself and @danp did this last year. It was a blast and tons of fun. I think it was 214km between stations.

Post #16 in this ride report has the #389 in it. 2023 Ride Report - North Shore of St. Lawrence

Any questions - just ask.

Rode it 14yrs ago as part of doing the Trans Labrador, it was fun little blast before the pavement ended. Like MacDoc said, just strap a 5L jerry can to the bike and you'll good to go. Pack a lunch and have a roadside picnic.

While I haven't done a tour you can when your there.

I prefer June as the bugs may not be out in full yet ( tons of black flies but they were not biting for some reason.). The weather can turn very nasty but the long daylight in June is wonderful as you are past the Arctic Watershed. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Gonna plan this trip for next summer. Gotta buy a mounted gas tank just to start.👍
Why, what kind of range does your CBR650 have. Surely more than 250 kms.

There are gas stations on that road. I last drove it back in 2003 from Blanc Sablon to Baie-Comeau.

Approximately 200km in 6th gear + 50km of emergency light gas that exposes the engine to air bubbles.

That kind of range would drive me nuts. Reminds me of the time I drove my 1986 Yamaha XT 350 to Oshkosh WI and I had to stop (aka worry) looking for gas stations. I then bought a BMW GS. I also added a KLR 650. No more worries.

Anyway, there are gas stations on that road.

I dropped a streetview pin at a few random spots along that road and it looked...meh? Did I just miss all the good spots?

I dropped a streetview pin at a few random spots along that road and it looked...meh? Did I just miss all the good spots?
I thought it was tons of fun. It has zero traffic and big scenery, over rolling fast sweepers with pretty good pavement. I would definitely consider making another trip out there to ride that and the Saguenay region for a fall colours trip.

And I found the tour of the dam very interesting too.

IMG_6047-4K.jpg

IMG_6050-4K.jpg

I thought it was tons of fun. It has zero traffic and big scenery, over rolling fast sweepers with pretty good pavement.

Cool. As I suspected I must’ve just dropped the street view pin in a few boring places I guess.

I’ve added it to my list for the future Riding out to the very end of 138 on the north shore is on my list already so this would be an easy natural extension of that trip.

Cool. As I suspected I must’ve just dropped the street view pin in a few boring places I guess.

I’ve added it to my list for the future Riding out to the very end of 138 on the north shore is on my list already so this would be an easy natural extension of that trip.
One thing to note is that it’s a fast road. If you are doing 80 or 90 it will not be technical or probably that interesting. If you are doing well over 80 or 90 you will have a blast. There are pretty much no intersecting side streets, houses or built up areas. It’s just a few dams along the route and trucks going to and from Baie Comeau and the north - so pretty much no traffic.

Back
Top Bottom