Asshat GTA Motorcyclist Gets Caught Due to Social Media | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Asshat GTA Motorcyclist Gets Caught Due to Social Media

It's a statement. A giant FU, in this case from the rest of society.

What did you think when Eric Buell crushed the HD mandated Blast? Same statement, different circumstance.

Sorry that you don't get it. Part of criminal justice is punishment so, "We're taking this vehicle that you thought enough of to add a pipe, graphics or whatever and we're making it into recyclable refuse. Choke on it, and here's the bill from the crusher."

Perhaps it just aligns with the Freudian association of motorcycle as a phallus thing, or perhaps it just makes the ********* in this instance a bit more unhappy. I'm good either way. Crush his manhood (metaphorically) or just make him sad. Everybody wins.

I guess my expectation of the justice system, is that it rightly and fairly finds and executes justice in the best interest of the general public. End point.

I don't need my justice system to issue Public Relations type statements with it's sentences, because that's outside of the scope of right, fair, and best for the public.

Now, if this was an effective deterrent, than at least there would be some reasonable, rational, defensible excuse for polluting the planet and wasting assets... but clearly it isn't.

And why would it be an effective deterrent? If you're taking something away from me, once I can't have it back, I don't care what does or doesn't happen with it. By the time your bureaucracy has figured out what to do with my thing you've taken, I've probably already bought two more.

Remember folks, when a-holes see people being a-holes to them (like taking their toys and smashing them to make a statement), they don't stop being a-holes.
When people are a-holes to a-holes, a-holes just double down and go pro.

I like you and your posts on here, but if the best argument for crushing vehicles is "it's a statement that'll teach them a lesson!!" than it's an argument that completely ignores human character and has even less merit than I was hoping for.

I guess my expectation of the justice system, is that it rightly and fairly finds and executes justice in the best interest of the general public. End point.

I don't need my justice system to issue Public Relations type statements with it's sentences, because that's outside of the scope of right, fair, and best for the public.

Now, if this was an effective deterrent, than at least there would be some reasonable, rational, defensible excuse for polluting the planet and wasting assets... but clearly it isn't.

And why would it be an effective deterrent? If you're taking something away from me, once I can't have it back, I don't care what does or doesn't happen with it. By the time your bureaucracy has figured out what to do with my thing you've taken, I've probably already bought two more.

Remember folks, when a-holes see people being a-holes to them (like taking their toys and smashing them to make a statement), they don't stop being a-holes.
When people are a-holes to a-holes, a-holes just double down and go pro.

I like you and your posts on here, but if the best argument for crushing vehicles is "it's a statement that'll teach them a lesson!!" than it's an argument that completely ignores human character and has even less merit than I was hoping for.
You're arguing from a completely different place/perspective than that of the offender or potential offender.

You're coming at this as a rational, responsible, fully-formed adult. You recognize the nature of risk, to yourself and the public and the potential consequences of a given activity. An activity which in this case is illegal.

You have an adult, rational relationship with the stuff you own, and the stuff you want to own and its connection to you as an individual. Your sense of self worth or masculinity isn't intimately tied to an object or activity, and you don't produce video content for self-glorification, as this guy did.

You might be right that auctioning the vehicle could yield more money for the police, and I agree completely that the destruction of them has ZERO influence on the behavior of people like us, but the theory is that it does impact people who would consider the behavior acceptable or desirable.

Whether it works or not, I don't know but it does have the desired public relations effect for law enforcement.

You're arguing from a completely different place/perspective than that of the offender or potential offender.

You're coming at this as a rational, responsible, fully-formed adult.

After years of women arguing with me and calling me immature, being called an adult in a discussion and having that used against me has left me nervous and confused 😂

Would the punishment be fair/equal if my $1200 car is seized compared to your Audi R8 being seized?
by the way is a link to Asshat YouTube channel

Would the punishment be fair/equal if my $1200 car is seized compared to your Audi R8 being seized?
Maybe. The value of your vehicle is often correlated to your income. I am a proponent of fines that consider income anyway. A fine that is crushing for a minimum wage worker is less than the booze bill for dinner for many others and is not even remotely a deterrent. Start making financial penalties a percentage of line 15000 on last years tax return (net income before deductions). Say it's 1% for careless, a minimum wage earner pays ~$400 (which will hurt as they probably don't have it in the bank) and a 1%er will pay something like $50k. That's a nice vacation down the tubes due to their asshattery.

Last edited:
Maybe. They value of your vehicle is often correlated to your income. I am a proponent of fines that consider income anyway. A fine that is crushing for a minimum wage worker is less than the booze bill for dinner for many others and is not even remotely a deterrent. Start making financial penalties a percentage of line 15000 on last years tax return (net income before deductions). Say it's 1% for careless, a minimum wage earner pays ~$400 (which will hurt as they probably don't have it in the bank) and a 1%er will pay something like $50k. That's a nice vacation down the tubes due to their asshattery.

Yep. When I got hit with 4 tickets at once for something stupid bike-related that I had been doing for a decade, all I could think was...

"Well, sure am glad they got me at 29 and not at 19."

At 29 I could absorb the blow and figure out how to deal with all that came with it. At 19 it would have crippled me and completely put my life off course, like:

e2e6fc03-bc8a-426f-8691-d20b9d5df71a_text.gif

Yep. When I got hit with 4 tickets at once for something stupid bike-related that I had been doing for a decade, all I could think was...

"Well, sure am glad they got me at 29 and not at 19."

At 29 I could absorb the blow and figure out how to deal with all that came with it. At 19 it would have crippled me and completely put my life off course, like:

e2e6fc03-bc8a-426f-8691-d20b9d5df71a_text.gif
I actually think it's better to get those big 'oh ****' tickets earlier in life. Case in point; an 18 year old student just got an HTA 172 ticket this Sunday while coming to class, because he was running late. 112 in a 70. Vehicle towed, parents had to drop him off.

Any who, at this point in your life you maybe got school or a full time gig, you can likely absorb the financial hit and deal with a suspended license better then at 30-40. You may have more pocket change later in life, but not having a vehicle for 2 weeks-month could potentially cost you your job, your home, etc.

I actually think it's better to get those big 'oh ****' tickets earlier in life. Case in point; an 18 year old student just got an HTA 172 ticket this Sunday while coming to class, because he was running late. 112 in a 70. Vehicle towed, parents had to drop him off.

Any who, at this point in your life you maybe got school or a full time gig, you can likely absorb the financial hit and deal with a suspended license better then at 30-40. You may have more pocket change later in life, but not having a vehicle for 2 weeks-month could potentially cost you your job, your home, etc.
Long ago there was a miscommunication and I was supposed to be far from home in not a lot of time to take a course. Turns out that GM pickups were reasonably happy at 159 km/h (although quite thirsty) and behaved very horribly at 160 km/h with a hard fuel cut as a limiter which destabilizes everything. Got a rabbit for most of the distance along the 401 and got there in time. That was pre-172.

Friendly reminder that 102 km/h here will now get you a stunt-driving charge.

(Google Maps is outdated. That speed limit sign now has a big round "NEW" announcement above it ... and it now says 60 km/h.)

Where's the recourse for politicians and bureaucrats that implement stupid laws?

(Normal flow of traffic on this road - what little there is - is 90 - 100 km/h and has always been)

Friendly reminder that 102 km/h here will now get you a stunt-driving charge.

(Google Maps is outdated. That speed limit sign now has a big round "NEW" announcement above it ... and it now says 60 km/h.)

Where's the recourse for politicians and bureaucrats that implement stupid laws?

(Normal flow of traffic on this road - what little there is - is 90 - 100 km/h and has always been)
Lots of that happening in Caledon.

Speed Limit Changes in Caledon

https://www.caledon.ca/en/resources/pdfs/Speed-Limit-Changes-in-Caledon---August-2024.pdf
Slow.jpg

by the way is a link to Asshat YouTube channel
That's a fair point, and one that I read in an article from Australia where the practice is common.

In that case auctioning off the vehicle would make a lot more sense, even if it's parted out.

I can't help but admire how legible this map is
Legible, informative and concise. A shockingly good product from a municipality. For many municipalities you need to read the text of bylaws passed to change speed and map locations yourself (and I don't remember a bylaw showing the old speed, that would require finding and reading any preceeding bylaws).

Back
Top Bottom