Anybody have a pic of a tall rider on a 250? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody have a pic of a tall rider on a 250?

Zangief

Hey guys,
Relatively new to the forum and because of my newishness and sky high insurance premiums I am pretty sure I have decided to go with a ninja 250.
Anyway, my main concern is that I am too tall for the bike, now I've heard several different opinions on the 250, some say it would be way too small and others say its dependant on the rider.
Anyway, does anyone have any experience or pictures of people that are tall (6'5" like me) that ride ninja 250's?

Any insight or opinions are greatly appreciated!

A buddy had a hyosung 250 and he's over 6'.
He rode that thing everywhere and had lots o fun.
If I'm not mistaken...I think he said the hyosung was a better fit than the ninja.
So...try sittin on a few rides before ya buy but , ya, if ya really want a 250 i'm sure you can do it !!

Not sure if this helps (and hope he doesn't mind)......
IMG_0109.jpg

You riding for the looks bro? lol, j/k...I have the 250 but I am only 5'8" or so. I agree with Red Zeder, the Hyosung 250 is a full sized 250 and would look better, but that's all it'll do when compared to the Ninja....go to dealerships and try the Ninja, CBR250 and the Hyosung....see how they feel and then buy one used to save some cash.

ya.... not sure about the performance side of things.
The ninja may be waaay better regarding that.

Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 12.11.56 AM.jpg LOL, link is great.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 12.08.26 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 12.08.26 AM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 102
Try this or best better yet go to a bike shop and sit on one.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

I second this. Cycle-ergo is awesome.

Drop by your closest Kawi dealership and check out the bike, see how it fits. Then compare with the Hyosung. I will agree, the Hyosung will likely be a better fit, but if the Kawi's close, I would seriously consider that over the Hyosung. It's reliable, cheap, and plenty of people that can help you if/when you break it. (I have one, and I've broken it too many times.)

That said, I would consider an SV650 as well. Of course, check insurance on it first.

Get a yamaha WR250X, tall seat height perfect for a tall guy, and way more fun than any other 250 street bike.

I started on a ZZR 250. 6'6" here and had no issues. I would recommend an aftermarket wind screen thats a bit higher to help with the wind on the highway.

Yo Zang...

Did you do your homework on insurance yet ? I was gonna settle for the Ninja250 or the Hyo. But some wise and helpful souls in the community suggested used GS500s and SV650s. I picked up a GS500e which I ride now. Surprisingly, the insurance turned out to be only 60$ p.a higher than the Ninja, ( Since the GS500E i got was not a sport bike ) even though its my first season.

I stand 6' tall, but I am very leggy and the ninja was not comfy for me. I figured that out but putting a friends Ninja on center stand and staying crouched on it for a while.

What insurance company did you use? I'm using statefarm and I'm pretty sure they are on crack. A ZX6R is $700 dollars cheaper to insure than a Ninja 650, but a primary reason I want the 250 is that it will only cost $90 a month a insure, and since this is my first year riding and I got my M1 last week and am now in the waiting period for the M2, I decided for at least a year I need to ride something that is managable on the insurance side.

Get a yamaha WR250X, tall seat height perfect for a tall guy, and way more fun than any other 250 street bike.

+ 1

250 ninja isn't for tall riders, your knees will be above the leg grooves on the tank get a sv650 or as mentioned the wr250x

Problem with a 650 is that insurance will be more than 3k. Might as well get a ZX6R, its a thousand dollars cheaper on insurance.

Yeah if you're going with StateFarm insurance on a 600 SS will be cheaper than a 650 even as a first bike.

Why is that? To be honest I am a little intimidated with the ZX6R for a first bike, and would much rather go with a 650, but I'm not paying an extra 1k to ride a lesser bike.

Back
Top Bottom