America's Cup 37 | GTAMotorcycle.com

America's Cup 37

Akin to F1. Only the most well heeled can afford to indulge. Yet like F1 there are trickle down benefits as the technology moves forward.

America Cup racing is not tearing up thousand dollar bills , it’s blowing through 10 million per sponsor and you better have a lot of them . It may be the most expensive one event sport on the Planet . I enjoy watching it , the intrigue , outright cheating , tech advances and complete wastes of money make this a mega rich guy indulgence of the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

So how about the rule they put in place “ all challengers must be from a salt water home port” , to keep the Town of Belleville Ont from ever entering a second time . Which was then changed when the Swiss billionaire said my sister club is actually in Spain so we get in, and after a million dollar lawsuit he wins the suit and the cup. The Americans for a hundred years made the Brit’s construct a boat that could cross the Atlantic , then they build a sprinter that had to last 5 races . Or Dennis Connor letting the Australians build a massive mono hull and he shows up in a 24ft Trimaran and sails literally circles around them . And then they changed to rules again. It’s fun to watch if you like a tutorial in billionaires cheating each other.

So how about the rule they put in place “ all challengers must be from a salt water home port” , to keep the Town of Belleville Ont from ever entering a second time . Which was then changed when the Swiss billionaire said my sister club is actually in Spain so we get in, and after a million dollar lawsuit he wins the suit and the cup. The Americans for a hundred years made the Brit’s construct a boat that could cross the Atlantic , then they build a sprinter that had to last 5 races . Or Dennis Connor letting the Australians build a massive mono hull and he shows up in a 24ft Trimaran and sails literally circles around them . And then they changed to rules again. It’s fun to watch if you like a tutorial in billionaires cheating each other.

…torpedoes

Did not realize the Louis Vitton Cup is on full 75m for the first time. Wow do they move.
How to lose the race before it starts.....Kiwis give a lesson to Great Britain.

It’s only day two . Lots of time to level the field and blow some stuff up. Aus will give the kiwis a go , then GB will crap the bed again , then Alinghi will clock them all. My best guess anyway lol

I can't get into this race with these new style boats. I miss seeing everyone running around the boat doing things. I enjoyed watching that. I'm sure they're doing things in those little cubbies but I'm just finding it boring.

I can't get into this race with these new style boats. I miss seeing everyone running around the boat doing things. I enjoyed watching that. I'm sure they're doing things in those little cubbies but I'm just finding it boring.
While cutting-edge technology has always been part of the America's Cup, I agree that when it was a skipper barking out orders to a team of sailors on lines, sails and winches it was a lot more fun to watch.

Now it's just a boat quickly gliding across the water. Impressive, but not an interesting watch.

Getting up there near 3 x windspeed in both directions...
the air resistance in the new design much lower keeping the grinders undercover. 🍿 and a lot safer tho it was entertaining watching the scramble across the nets.
Correction near FOUR x wind speed :eek:

Last edited:
They have switched from rugby giants on hand grinders pedestals to freak cyclists that can peddle power in recumbent positions to stay low and out of the air . No wonder so many F1 designers also have a hand in America cup stuff

Good racing tho only for prestige at the moment, lead changes, mistakes, near tip over...all the good stuff and near 50 knot racing.

I’m sorry , those boats are just ugly . At least sail GP has some style , those flying cockroaches are awful

I’m sorry , those boats contraptions are just ugly .

You blink and this happens. '05 vs. '24

"ThE MoNaCo GP Is BoRiNg! ThErE's No PaSsInG" Gee, I wonder why.

rb1-vs-rb20-v0-mbksxu2866lc1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom