Alliston rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alliston rider

GoFlossUrSelf

Hi all,

Im new to this fourm and so far love what Ive lurked. Im hoping to come out for a few cruzes over this season. Currently stationed in the Alliston area and do alot of riding to Barrie, Brampton, Toronto and all inbetween.

Currently riding a DR-Z 400 thats been converted to street and loving it.

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Thanks all! Can't wait for some warm weather to get out on the streets. Currently been spending my days out in the local trails. Gotten really good at pulling her out of some deep situations lol

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Sweet! Thanks. I will look into it but I need to look into what I need to legally ride on the trails. I'm not overly concerned in my area but if I'm going into the trails especially with a group I need to ensure I'm covered.

In regards to trail permits and licensing. Conserned as Im not blue plated

Last edited:
My mistake - I thought you were blue plated because you posted in the photo-tag thread saying you were going to nab one and bring it up North...?

You definitely need blue plates for the Bethany ride...

I gotta look into getting blue plated. If anyone can help with links on information that would be great. My situation is I have the DRZ400E that was converted to street back in 04. It was registered with a white plate and now I'm looking to legally explore trails

My plan with the tag thread is to take it up north and get it out of toronto. I don't frequent to toronto often so makes tag kinda hard

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about what you mean by white plates - is your bike road legal right now? If so, that's what's referred to as "blue plates" because it has blue lettering. Green plates have green lettering (both on a white plate).

If you have road-legal plates that's all you need! Road insurance also covers trail insurance, so that's why if you have a dual-sport bike that is road legal but also off-road capable you have the best of both worlds.

The only concern you have re: trail riding is that some trails require club membership (ie www.oftr.ca ). Other places such as the Ganaraska Forest require nothing other than a forest permit ($25/day or $125/year).

The Bethany ride requires nothing other than a bike that is road-legal - all trails that are part of the route require no additional paperwork.

I feel like such a noob....

Actually just got off the phone with oftr and they were just as confused as you. I was under the impression the green plate was a green background, the blue plate was a blue background and white plate lol.

I had seen some pictures of green background and blue background plates and didn't know what they ment

So nvm I am good. Am currently blue plated and trail ready. Ordered my trail permit for the oftr and ready to rock. Hopefully will make it to the ride this weekend. I've got the CN tower climb that morning so its gonna be really tight but hoping I finish early enough to make it out

Only issue with the climb on the same day is they tell me what time I can climb, so I hope they don't make me wait all day to climb. Chances are I won't make it for breakfast at the meet but hopefully will still be on time for something

For those interested please feel free to sponsor me for the climb.

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=3668735&LangPref=en-CA

In the spirit of updating this thread today was a very productive day. Rode the bike for all of 20 mins till I got very very stuck (one day I will learn to stay out of the mud till it hardens up) after finally pulling it out my turn signals no longer worked. Keep in mind I have been plagued with electrical issues all season so far.

Spend the last 6 hours completely re-wiring the lighting system, removed the front wheel to check on the bearings and toss a bit of grease in there, cleaned the Carb and put heat wrap on the exhaust "header".

Could keeping the heat concentrated inside cause any illeffects? Wonder why you don't see more bikes with it, it looks so bad ass. In the am will take some progress pics

As promised here is a morning update where I left off last night. If anyone ever needs metal zip ties the ones from Canadian tire are a pita to use. Make sure you buy more then u need
uploadfromtaptalk1366805135157.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366805169045.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366805186174.jpg

Back
Top Bottom