Air Canada strike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air Canada strike

Don’t care. I avoid flying with the muppets. An Air Canada Rouge trip was quite an eye opener and then the airline picked up its ball and went off in a huff from our local airport.

I would be shocked if a strike is avoided. Disparity between Canadian and US pilots is huge and they want to close the gap. I have no idea on length nor whether government will freak out and end it quickly.

Two AC pilots got into an elevator with me this week , both wearing orange lanyards that say “strike ready” . F them, if they want US wages go live in Ohio , wear Trumps refugees will eat your pets . These twats have ruined plans for a least 4 of my friends that are cancelling trip because you may not get back. I own shares in AC and they do not pay a dividend. They make tons of dough , the idiots flying want an extra 25% and they cant pay a dividend? Must be a Canadian airline , propped up by our idiots in Ottawa.
My buddy is a TO based 777captain , he’s already calculating his increased lifestyle . I’ll fly Porter every chance I get . I hate westjet , but it’s not worse than AC .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

FWIW I ask because a relative is scheduled to fly in Air Canada in early October. Auckland > Vancouver > TO returning to NZ via London and Singapore. She's booked some side trips for when she's here.

Welcome to Canada sis. I hope she bought cancellation insurance, not that they're up front about what you get back.

Two AC pilots got into an elevator with me this week , both wearing orange lanyards that say “strike ready” . F them, if they want US wages go live in Ohio , wear Trumps refugees will eat your pets . These twats have ruined plans for a least 4 of my friends that are cancelling trip because you may not get back. I own shares in AC and they do not pay a dividend. They make tons of dough , the idiots flying want an extra 25% and they cant pay a dividend? Must be a Canadian airline , propped up by our idiots in Ottawa.
My buddy is a TO based 777captain , he’s already calculating his increased lifestyle . I’ll fly Porter every chance I get . I hate westjet , but it’s not worse than AC .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
And Pearson is such a wonderful efficient place to transit. :(

I may be wrong but my understanding for airlines is seniority does not follow a pilot when they change airlines. So if you are 15 years in at AC and decide to move to delta, you go to the bottom and start over.

If so, what is the exact threat? "I will quit my 150K a year job and go work in the US for 56K"

We have a cruise booked out of Vancouver Sept. 21.......... Fly out of Pearson early AM 21/9 on Air Canada, board at 1, ship sails at 3. Not looking good.

Our saving grace, financially, is that we always book the flight in with the cruise company. If we can't get there we're covered for both the flight and the cruise. Once the strike starts we will contact cruise company to see if alternative carriers will work. We'd be willing the drive to Buffalo to catch a flight. Whole thing is a PITA and somewhat negates the pleasure of a vacation.

There isn't enough space here to tell you what I think about AC and the GTAA.

Once carriers like AC contracted out bagagge handling to a third party GTAA contractor , all bets were off. I've only lost luggage twice in 40yrs , but its enough.
Pilot buddy says, 1 million people in thbe air every day and you lost a suitcase, boohoo. Well if your going to the Arctic and leaving TO, and your Muklucs are in the lost bag? yeah that sucks. F you AC.

Once carriers like AC contracted out bagagge handling to a third party GTAA contractor , all bets were off. I've only lost luggage twice in 40yrs , but its enough.
Pilot buddy says, 1 million people in thbe air every day and you lost a suitcase, boohoo. Well if your going to the Arctic and leaving TO, and your Muklucs are in the lost bag? yeah that sucks. F you AC.
You should fly WestJet

When I was going on a trip where specific things mattered, my carryon had hiking boots and a sleeping bag. Everything checked would have been easier to replace if needed. I always assume the checked bag isn't going to make it. It's sad that so many don't make it and airlines do a completely shite job of reuniting passengers with their stuff.

I bought a vest that has a ridiculous amount of pockets for this reason for one flight. I had my camera, ipad and every other valuable inside the thing.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

When I was going on a trip where specific things mattered, my carryon had hiking boots and a sleeping bag. Everything checked would have been easier to replace if needed. I always assume the checked bag isn't going to make it. It's sad that so many don't make it and airlines do a completely shite job of reuniting passengers with their stuff.
A friend had to do a service call in Nova Scotia, taking his high voltage testers and sharp pointy things that had to go checked. He landed in Halifax, his tools in Germany. I don't know who paid his down time.

I would be shocked if a strike is avoided. Disparity between Canadian and US pilots is huge and they want to close the gap. I have no idea on length nor whether government will freak out and end it quickly.

My daughter works in the industry.
Air Canada pilots: Highest trained pilots in the industry, lowest paid.

Back
Top Bottom