2024 Day Trips | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Day Trips

Jayell

Site Supporter
The establishment formerly known as Straks Bar and Grill in Burketon, recently under new ownership and operating under a new name, burned to the ground on Wednesday. A total loss; all that remains is a pile of rubble. Too bad; it was a nice destination ride.

PXL-20240329-192115639.jpg

Went out for a few hours today. Light fog and empty roads. Just meandered and ended up on River Road in Terra Nova. Roads so empty I was able to stop and take a pic on this usually very busy corner.
IMG_4593.jpeg
Passes at least 4 folks with fly fishing rods.

Epically long drive from Mississauga to Milton and back yesterday to meet up with @oioioi for a part from @Scuba Steve. Felt great, bike didn't fire AGAIN...but it felt good when it was running. Fun curves on Sixth Line b/w Derry and Burnhamthorpe, but that's as exciting as it got.

View attachment 67911

@sburns got a map for your Simcoe Loop?
Nice good to see you are out riding.
No map, I just point and go, then follow shoreline.

Went out for a few hours today. Forgot how much busier Saturday traffic is. Stopped at my favourite breakfast place, The Breakfast Club, good food and rarely crowded and real home made potatoes. I had eaten more than half of them before I remembered to take a pic.
IMG_4635.jpeg

IMG_4638.jpeg

Looks like a good breakfast, hope it didn't bog you down.
Normally I have breakfast at home before I ride or early during my ride. Today I had coffee for breakfast and then energy fell so I stopped here for some fuel. The owner laughed and said today is not Sunday. Saturday is usually chore day but today I said screw it and went. Forgot to say this place is at North West corner of Hwys 9 and 27. If it is busy and you are in a hurry don’t wait as she is on her own. There is a picnic table outside and I like to eat there and just take my coffee cup in for refills.

Went out for a few hours today. Forgot how much busier Saturday traffic is. Stopped at my favourite breakfast place, The Breakfast Club, good food and rarely crowded and real home made potatoes. I had eaten more than half of them before I remembered to take a pic.
View attachment 68184

View attachment 68185
that is an old bike my man, you must really like it!

Went out for a few hours today. Light fog and empty roads. Just meandered and ended up on River Road in Terra Nova. Roads so empty I was able to stop and take a pic on this usually very busy corner.
View attachment 67897
Passes at least 4 folks with fly fishing rods.
I've been meaning to stop and take a photo of that yard art for years. I have ridden past it at least 10 times this season, but next time I'm stopping.

I've been meaning to stop and take a photo of that yard art for years. I have ridden past it at least 10 times this season, but next time I'm stopping.
It was so strangely quiet that morning. There were more folks walking with fishing rods than motorbikes, so stopped and snapped it.
I’ve been wanting to do it for years too.

Not exactly a day trip, just the route I took to work yesterday. Oh and I stopped for that photo of the horse on River Road. Although my pic doesn't show the horse as well as the one taken by Sunday Rider because it's hiding in the shadows. I'll have to try another time later in the day.IMG_2145.jpegIMG_2146.jpeg

Not exactly a day trip, just the route I took to work yesterday. Oh and I stopped for that photo of the horse on River Road. Although my pic doesn't show the horse as well as the one taken by Sunday Rider because it's hiding in the shadows. I'll have to try another time later in the day.View attachment 68270View attachment 68271
What a great commute route! I'd ride to work every day if I could ride through that. Glad you got the pic!

Back
Top Bottom