2023 Honda CL500 ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Honda CL500 ?

Urban scrambler version of the cb500.

With a good beard and a Belstaff wax jacket you could qualify for the Gentlemens Ride.

With the exhaust that higher up - will it be even more noisier to the rider's right ear?
Or has it been super muffled with that just being a design characteristic.

Honda seems to have upped their game with their bike designs lately.
That CB1000R be lookin deeeelicious...

I love it. But maybe that’s enough of the 500cc class…
As both being former owners of a bike with that engine, we know its the perfect poser/urban rider engine. Sips fuel, easily enough pep for highway, doesn't overheat as fast as some other options in grid lock, super simple maintenance.

Its actually perfect if you put it in the lens of Japanese durable white goods cars. People complained how soulless those beige subcompact cars of the 2000's were and how just some rice was enough to make their owner's teenagers love them, even if it was a gutless 1.7L attached to a 4 speed auto.

It looks great but that engine does nothing for me. I suspect honda is mostly cannabilizing themselves with so many variants. I wouldnt cross shop that vs the European scramblers.
For anybody looking for their first show floor new bike thats already a rider, yeah, this would never appear on a Scrambler cross-shop list, but its right up the alley for a mid life crisis/urban hipster new rider. Considering the CB 500 family has an MSRP under $8k, where as a Ducati Scrambler, Triumph Street Scrambler, Moto Guzzi V7 Stornello, BMW RnineT Urban all start at $14k+.

Just ignore the look on their faces when they roll up to some moto hipster coffee bar amongst their peers. Modern re-telling of the Metric Cruiser at a Harley roadhouse bar.

Last edited:
It's a nice bike for riding around town, country roads. Probably cheap to buy, ride, insure, maintain and probably very reliable as well.

I think back to my '75 Yamaha 500 twin. Great like bike, cruised at 75 or 80 mph on the highway, fun to ride, great sound.

1647192670794.png

When I add those pipes and the skid plate to those tires I'm coming up in poser ville.

kinda looks like one of those mid 70's custom brat bikes on kijiji...just needs...
the tank looks wrong, can't put my finger on it hmm...
and put a proper wide 70's seat on it for hours of comfortable riding...
hey wait - do it just like that ^ yamaha !

I kind of like em both.

I love it. But maybe that’s enough of the 500cc class…
If the "F" looked like that i wouldve gone for it. Or even if it had done like the 300R or 650R with the neo retro, i wouldve gone for that. I guess they are trying to catch all possible newcomers to hobby. First the euro learning permit and is easier on insurance than 650s. The 500 does a lot of things good. Just not great.

It looks like a CL Honda
1970_honda_cl350_160018867957e4dd262704DEAB-8EC2-4BCD-A465-4D85E14F3C61.jpeg

Pipes are on the wrong side?

I had a nice 175 CB about 48 years ago. Looked just like his one. Great little bike.

I wish I had taken more pictures back then. I have 2 pictures of my Yamaha XS750 and zero pictures of my 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT 70

1647214575383.png

Nope, same as the 175 I have in boxes waiting to be assembled some day...
View attachment 53924
That is one sexy ride there!

I have visions and thoughts of buying something like this, restoring it, and then riding it (and hopefully enjoying the experience)! But then I realize that I don't have the time, skill, or tools to perform a full on restoration.

Maybe one day...

Back
Top Bottom