04 Bandit Upgrades? Any Ideas on how to make it more Touring and less Sport | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

04 Bandit Upgrades? Any Ideas on how to make it more Touring and less Sport

I've done both the integrated LED's and the HID's. (In the car world, I'd be what they call a 'ricer'... :p)

The HID's went well. I also got an Eastern Beaver wiring harness, and I used a DDM kit. Much brighter. There are also instructions online on how to loosen the sealant on the headlight harness, and then clean out black crap inside the headlight lenses. For wiring, I tucked a bunch of it on top of the headlight ASY, no biggie. The headlight's now dramatically better/brigther. I had to lose an o-ring on one of the bulbs to fit, but no big deal.

Have heard that just with a cleaning and a wiring harness alone, you can see an improvement.

I bought el cheapo EBay flush LED's for the standard location, and they weren't bright at all, so I went back to stock. $20 wasted, oh well. I bet it would be easy to buy integrated signals/mirrors from a similar style / bolt pattern and then splice'em in. But make sure they're bright.

I do find the rear end is saggy when riding two up. (The bike's rear end, not the passenger's...). It's saggy enough that I only use the rear case and not the side cases. I was considered doing a Hayabusa shock swap with firmer fork springs. Instead, my 'mod' money went to stainless brake lines which also made a huge improvement.

Back
Top Bottom