Which bike is the cheapest to insure as a new rider. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which bike is the cheapest to insure as a new rider.

Tr calling some insurance companies. They all are different. some increase more then others the difference for myself between a 600ss and a litre bike is under $20 a month. Typically the smaller the bike the less expensive it is but at some point you have to just bite the bullet and start off your insurance record.

Last edited:
I'm 31m in Toronto with a clean record and state farm insures me for $640 all in (full coverage) for a 2008 cbr125. For me a 500+ cc bike starts around $1100 or so per year.

I'm 31m in Toronto with a clean record and state farm insures me for $640 all in (full coverage) for a 2008 cbr125. For me a 500+ cc bike starts around $1100 or so per year.

Wholly crap does location really make that much of a difference? That's about what me and the wife pay together for two 600ss's with State Farm...lol. We are also a few years younger.

Insurance is expensive on your first year. You can hold your license for a year and go to jevco, i pay about $1500/year for a Ninja 250, i'm 21 years old. One accident.

Honda CB600F (aka. Honda Hornet, aka Honda 599)

As a new rider (35 year old, M2 licence, living in Etobicoke) I was with Jevco and this is what I paid:

1[SUP]st[/SUP]
[SUP][/SUP] year: $910
2[SUP]nd[/SUP]
[SUP][/SUP] year: $554

Basic insurance. This is great rate for a bike like 599. Nearly 100 horsepower and 400 pound weight this thing can fly!!!

Check out honda599.com forum. My friend is selling his 2006 for cheap.

Just wondering which bike is the cheapest to insure?

None.

On a more serious note, the Ninja 250 will be cheaper than all the other bikes unless its a really old model because it has a smaller engine. The CHEAPEST bike to ensure is probably the Honda CBR 125.

Last edited:
Old non-sport bikes under 500cc through Jevco, liability only.

Honestly, wait a year.

I'm turning 25 and have my M2 for a year on September and June respectively. The difference between now, 25, and M2 for a year for a GS500F are...

~$3200
~$1800
~$1100

I think I'll just wait and save the $ lol (And ride secretly prior to that =D)

Back
Top Bottom