Where to get Pro Honda HP Trans Oil SAE 80w/85w Part #: CB68841 in West End? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get Pro Honda HP Trans Oil SAE 80w/85w Part #: CB68841 in West End?

unL33T

Anyone know where to get Pro Honda HP Trans Oil SAE 80w/85w Part #: CB68841 in the west end?

My closest Honda dealer told me I need to buy a whole case of 12. I emailed Honda Powersports corporate and explained this and their helpful response was just to contact my local dealer. Apparently they can't read.

GP Bikes carries it but I don't go out that way often and shipping would be almost as much as the whole bottle.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone know where to get Pro Honda HP Trans Oil SAE 80w/85w Part #: CB68841 in the west end?

My closest Honda dealer told me I need to buy a whole case of 12. I emailed Honda Powersports corporate and explained this and their helpful response was just to contact my local dealer. Apparently they can't read.

GP Bikes carries it but I don't go out that way often and shipping would be almost as much as the whole bottle.

Thanks!
Why Pro Honda oil in that viscosity ? Surely other oils will work (and don't call you surely)...

Not sure about your application but I’ve used these for the last few changes in my ‘97 Honda ST1100 final drive differential
IMG_4699.jpeg

Any GL4 gear lube will substitute. It HAS to be GL4, and it's not always easy to find. Any auto parts store will order it for you.
GL4 has less sulfur, which doesn't react well with bright metal in the trans. You'll find some that is rated GL4/GL5 (they haven't made a car with bright metal in the trans since before we were born)... I don't know if you can use that... I don't.
You can run reg30 motor oil if you want, it's almost the same viscosity, but a GL4 synthetic will have less drag (you'll never notice the difference). I swear by the Lucas 75/90 synth... is GREAT, we ran 750hp into a Dodge 8.25" diff and never had an issue, kept testing for sheer and kept leaving it in the car cuz it was fine
How much does Honda want for a case?

Do the rest of us know what vehicle and application this is for?

Honda doesn't manufacture lubricants. They get a company to make the lubricant and then they put their own name on it.

The concern about GL4 vs GL5 mentioned above is only a concern if there are actually any bronze bushings inside whatever mechanism you will be using it in. That said, if you match specifications, any gear lube that's the right viscosity will work.

Back
Top Bottom