What was this about? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What was this about?

NuggyBuggy

Site Supporter
I was heading up Highway 11 between Barrie and Orillia tonight, doing a leisurely 120-130. Out of nowhere a CBR flies past me in the fast lane - and trust me, he was going fast. When he passed me, he rev bombed me, and then slowed down ahead of me. He looked back over his shoulder very deliberately at me and seemed to be trying to get me to do something. I figured he wanted to race, but I just shook my head. Then he slowed down so that I passed him, and after a few seconds he sped up again, gave me a thumbs up, and then flew off at light speed, splitting lanes between two cars.

What happened here? Never had anything like that happen to me before.

Probably a young kid looking for a purpose in life.
Once he gets older and has more responsibilities - this behaviour will likely not cross his mind again...

What car were you driving at the time? Maybe admiring your car?

I was on my bike. 2014 Multistrada. I wouldn’t have guessed a hooligan would do that to an adventure bike, but maybe?

Probably a young kid looking for a purpose in life.
Once he gets older and has more responsibilities - this behaviour will likely not cross his mind again

Assuming he/she actually gets older. Darwin is often waiting around the corner for riders like that.

Assuming he/she actually gets older. Darwin is often waiting around the corner for riders like that.
I'm still stunned that someone would lane split at such high speed right afterwards. Judging by how fast he pulled away from me, he must have been going 180+ when he went between two cars that were right beside each other.

Today I was stuck on Horseshoe Valley Rd behind a huge farm vehicle. Another truck with him hauling some farm stuff was right behind him. A car passed about four vehicles and myself in an effort to get ahead of all of us AND the farm vehicles in one pass, all on a solid yellow while approaching the crest of a hill. Car came in the opposing direction and luckily the oncoming car was able to run onto the shoulder to avoid a collision with the passing vehicle.

I was on my bike. 2014 Multistrada. I wouldn’t have guessed a hooligan would do that to an adventure bike, but maybe?

Ah. The Ducati dick-measuring contest. Guys just can't resist bragging that they pulled away from a "Dooo-kah-deee" on the highway. "Brah, guess who I just smooooooked on the Four-OH-one!!!!"

I've owned many different bikes, but never have I gotten more cars and bikes revving their engines at me and giving me the "Let's GO!" sign than when I was riding my Ducs on the street. :rolleyes:

Ah. The Ducati dick-measuring contest. Guys just can't resist bragging that they pulled away from a "Dooo-kah-deee" on the highway. "Brah, guess who I just smooooooked on the Four-OH-one!!!!"

I've owned many different bikes, but never have I gotten more cars and bikes revving their engines at me and giving me the "Let's GO!" sign than when I was riding my Ducs on the street. :rolleyes:
Some rides just seem to be a hole magnets with time it can take the luster off operating them in prime time its safer to take them out in the quieter hours when its less likely have a run in with some twat.
Been there done that.

Back
Top Bottom