What do you think about riders weaving in and out of traffic? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What do you think about riders weaving in and out of traffic?

When you see a rider weaving in and out of traffic, do you have:

• more respect for the rider

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • less respect for the rider

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • don't care, getting back to my Yoga class

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

hot12

I've been wondering this for a while now. When you are riding along and see someone weaving in and out of traffic, making numerous unsafe lane changes as they pass you, do you have:

- more respect for the rider, that's mad skillz
- less respect for the rider, what a moron
- really don't care

Maybe if the people who do this see the results of the poll, they will know most of us feel they are idiots.. or it could encourage them to ride like that.

I personally think these people are idiots, but I am curious what others feel.

Less respect. I've also been told if you switch lanes more than 3 times per minute that it's considered weaving and falls under HTA172. Can someone confirm this?

I don't give a damn as long as they're not endangering me.

A major advantage of motorcycles (both for getting around quickly and for having fun) is being small and nimble to get in and out of tight spaces in traffic. If it's done with a modicum of awareness and safety, I don't see a big deal at all.

don't care, getting back to my Yoga class

6-mu-qi-mi-yoga-Pādahastāsana-standing-forward-bend.jpg

A major advantage of motorcycles (both for getting around quickly and for having fun) is being small and nimble to get in and out of tight spaces in traffic. If it's done with a modicum of awareness and safety, I don't see a big deal at all.

agreed.

If the rider looks like they are aware of their surroundings, handles the bike and isnt putting anyone in danger, but themselves, then who cares how they ride.

Less respect. I've also been told if you switch lanes more than 3 times per minute that it's considered weaving and falls under HTA172. Can someone confirm this?

There is nothing in the legislation that would support any kind of arbitary number of lane changes for conviction.

Its easy to weave through traffic on a bike. If it was easy in a car they would do it to...have at it if you want, I don't care.

Sometimes I weave...sometimes I don't...

I'm just glad that at the time I voted, there were 0 votes for the first option.

+1

I tend to do it only when there's at least a 2-3 car length space in the lane that I'm butting into.
I've seen this go down two ways -
If done at slightly faster than traffic speed, the car that you'll be pulling in front off will either decide to speed up and close the gap effectively blocking you out or maintain speed/fall back to give you room.

I suspect they're ticked at getting crotch burn one too many times during a "it's a bird .... nooo it's a plane ..." experience. I'm aggressive, but not so much that I use the road as a slalom course.

Last edited:
I have experienced riders fly by me at 200+ kmph in my lane (on the 401) and it pisses me off. I too will be happy to chill at the yoga class once my nerves settle.

Have to say less respect for the rider.
Seems the only reason people do **** like this is to "put on a show" for others and expect people to be like "Oooh look at that awesome rider!"

I have experienced riders fly by me at 200+ kmph in my lane (on the 401) and it pisses me off. I too will be happy to chill at the yoga class once my nerves settle.

nothing gets on my nerves more than these jerks! Otherwise, weave all you want it's your life.

Back
Top Bottom