Was a nice day. So I went for a hike. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Was a nice day. So I went for a hike.

That's fantastic! Do you think that area is off-leash dog safe? I'm always looking for good places to hike with my dog. I am a bit concerned about him being shot by hunters, though. I have put a neon vest on him for that reason, but you never know.

Gotta share some of my own woods adventure vids with you. These were in NL, not here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kf4osiJs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0YNfddqvHM

Where do you live?

If you take one of the back entrances into Hilton Falls Conservation Area (near Milton) you can go no-leash. Odds are you won't even encouter any other people or animals.

Where do you live?

If you take one of the back entrances into Hilton Falls Conservation Area (near Milton) you can go no-leash. Odds are you won't even encouter any other people or animals.

Brampton, so not far from Milton. Are there cliffs at Hilton Falls Conservation? I have to be careful of them with my dog. Labs jump first, think about their actions later.

Not that i can think of. It is escarpment country so there is a good amount of limestone but i don't recall much in the way of actual cliffs.

Based on this:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hilto...vpsrc=6&hq=hilton+falls+conservation&t=m&z=13

You can take #5 Sideroad to 6th Line and go north. Maybe 3-4km up 6th Line there two small parking lots and entrances on your left.
You can also take (and this is my preference) Guelph Line north from the 401, turn right onto 10th Sideroad, follow that in about 1.5km and when the road makes a hard left there is a trail head right at the corner. Just park there on the side of the road and go enjoy yourself. This is a good time of year to go. I'd take my Golden Ret's up there (3 of em) and let them loose. For every 1km i walk, they each probably run 4km.

rodney ?

the ski mountain closed 20 years ago ?

those ski poles you found look in good shape to have been lying on the ground for 20 years.

:rolleyes:

Thanks, Caboose! I'll check it out. If you see a woman with a tall chocolate Field Lab there, chances are that's me and Blair. :)

Thanks, Caboose! I'll check it out. If you see a woman with a tall chocolate Field Lab there, chances are that's me and Blair. :)

I live in London now but I grew up back near there. I haven't been there in a little over a year. Great place tho, and very underused considering how many people live within a half hour drive of there.

When we went hiking years ago with our dog we felt that she was better off leash than on. She would have about a fifty foot sniff range and never went further. On leash she was always pulling or lagging. The hke was so relaxing without the constant tension. Forks of the Credit was a good spot back then. A lot depends on the dog and the other animals in the vicinity. Squirrels are OK Skunks and porkies not so good. Agressive dogs could be a problem.

I live in London now but I grew up back near there. I haven't been there in a little over a year. Great place tho, and very underused considering how many people live within a half hour drive of there.

I was there last year in Spring.
There's a small waterfall in that conservation with a nice campfire, lol. Kinda cozy.
And yes, very little ppl there, probably cuz its out in the middle of nowhere

Back
Top Bottom