Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates | GTAMotorcycle.com

Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates

foggy17

Site Supporter
Here's the story,

I got a speeding ticket almost a few years back, about the time I moved out west. I never fought it and simply forgot all about it. While I was out west, I was convicted by default, and then my Ontario licence (if i still had it) was suspended due to the unpaid fine. When I moved back to Ontario, upon swapping my BC licence back over, they reminded me of what happened. I paid the fine, paid the re-instatement fee, and all was well again. Apparently, the conviction was entered about 2 months after the ticket date. The date I paid the fine was roughly 3 years after the offence date.

A I understand it, an insurance company will count the ticket from the date of conviction. But my question is, do they use the actually date that they would have entered the conviction, or the date that I paid the fine?

I hope that makes sense.

The date of conviction, but that isn't your biggest worry. I would say that's the suspension, that has been entered on your record.

Well, my insurance guy said that the suspension isn't a big issue, because it was administrative. What confused me is that he wants to count the ticket, saying that he goes by the date of payment, as that is when you're "actually guilty". That's the term he used. I'm hoping that he is just mistaken, but I found it odd he could even see the payment date.

Well, my insurance guy said that the suspension isn't a big issue, because it was administrative. What confused me is that he wants to count the ticket, saying that he goes by the date of payment, as that is when you're "actually guilty". That's the term he used. I'm hoping that he is just mistaken, but I found it odd he could even see the payment date.

If it is the same as criminal, Then your insurance guy is correct and it goes by the date it was paid off.
I found that out the hard way when I went to get a pardon and had a $100 fine from 10 years ago and was told I had to pay it then wait another 3 years before re-applying.

Go to one of the MTO kiosks in the mall and print out your drivers abstract.

I'm 99.3% sure it goes by the date you were convicted, not when you paid the fine.

-Jamie M.

Go to one of the MTO kiosks in the mall and print out your drivers abstract.

I'm 99.3% sure it goes by the date you were convicted, not when you paid the fine.

-Jamie M.

I think I'm just gonna go do that. I just hope they aren't looking at some sort of different info.

Back
Top Bottom