Thunder run / parry sound bike rally | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thunder run / parry sound bike rally

Todd203

I’m thinking of bringing the bike rally / thunder run back to parry sound next year all bikes welcome I was wondering if I could get some feed back on this idea I grew up as kid watching it i got to go in it a few times before it died. A lot of locals want to see it back so if I could get any thought ideas I would appreciate it thanks

Camping at Foley was great. Very nice venue.
Was a great event when CC ran it but when the town took it tanked.
Down at the salt docks we walked past where Jordan Szoke was kicking ass at trials riding to go watch SuperMotard bikes racing.
Radar runs at the airport.
Still have remnants of a t shirt with SBR poker run printed on it.
Some kid ramping a mini bike over a bonfire.....
Hard to recreate the past but Cudos if you can do it.

Thanks yeah my thoughts are radar run show and shine live music camping at folly vendors I’ve been looking for a place for the stunt show they put condos down at the salt docks they can’t even have the salt pile there after this year I want to get hats or shirts made up the trail ride would be nice to I want to also see if I can get mini bike test rides for kids

Went in 90 and 91 i think.
If you are doing it again, don't let it become what has happened to Dover. Keep the vendors out. No cheap leathers and beef jerkey.

So far it’s just me and one buddy trying to organize it for next year the town has some funding for it as well I meet with them next week to go threw things that have been done in the past to me it’s about the riders and people who come and see so I’m trying to find out as much as can I was in it in 05 I remember the stunt show and all that I was in the last ride to it wasn’t very good I also live in parry sound so I never went out to the fair grounds or anything I’ve never set anything up like before either more ideas I get and can pull off the better and I hope to make the rally better each year I remember one year it was over 5000 bikes I’d like to see that again

Yeah that’s not for me I like seeing all the different kinds of bikes and what people have done to them I ride a05 Cbr 1000 but I like all bikes and meeting new people i just hope I can put something on that everyone enjoys and my kids can grow up watching like I did

I wonder if the guys from Cycle Canada can offer any advice.

Who are they the guys who use run it when I have meeting with the town there auto give me the contacts who use to run it

I hope you can pull this off. Great memories of camping at Foley, (and ridingin shorts down to the nearby swimming hole), all those great roads nearby, the stunting outside the camp prior to the T run and oddly the kid launching minbike over the bonfire.

I hope so to a lot people around hear and bikers I have talked to that come into town want it back they all same the same thing I’ve bugged for a lot years to bring it back so now I’m gonna try to do it hopefully it’s a good turn out lots of fun

I wonder if social media would have a negative effect in that it brings out all the irresponsible riders who ruin it for others.

I'd love to come and love the area.

I’m not sure I don’t have Facebook or anything once I talk with town next week to see what all I have to do I’ll make some accounts I know here there’s a few kids just got the m2 and think there super bikers I’m a little nervous for that if I can get it going I don’t wanna put all the effort in and get shut down thanks for the comment I hope I can get this up running for you guys a lot has changed here last few years down at the docks couple new restaurants a new school being built a big pool roads being fixed up etc

Hey anyone coming up party sound way who wants to camp should check out lakefront resort Ontario rent trailer pitch a tent if you rent a trailer all you need is food cloths everything else it comes with it’s cheap and right on water with a beach five min from town I’ve stayed there and I’m definitely going back

Back
Top Bottom