Thunder run / bike rally parry sound | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thunder run / bike rally parry sound

Todd203

Hi I’m Bryan I’m new to the site I wanted to some ideas and opinions. Im trying to get the bike rally back in parry sound I grew up as a kid watching it and went in it a few times before it died. If anyone has some ideas for it or would like attend it next year if I can get it back please I’d like to hear all the feed back

The "Sport Bike Rally" in Parry Sound was successful from 1982 to 2008 because of local support and a great deal of promotion from "Cycle Canada" and some other associates and volunteers. It was a great deal of work for a number of stalwarts for those 26 years. An effort by others to keep it going involved the town being asked to fund it to the extent of $40,000 and somebody (I don't recall who) said they would put it on for that amount of $$$.
Such events rely on a lot of volunteer effort - which tends to disappear when other people involved want to make money out of an event.
AFJ

Ok I herd something like that happened I’m not looking for any money out this just a good time with a bunch people who ride bike and put on show fir everyone the volunteer part is gonna be hard like you said I find nowadays everyone wants but no one helps I have old tape of the thunder run when it was big right up till it ended I’m gonna bring them to the town and show them see them happens

Back
Top Bottom