Suggestions for things to do in Arizona (Scottsdale)? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for things to do in Arizona (Scottsdale)?

knowledge

Site Supporter
My work's sending me there for 4 days and I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for things to do nearby. Any sights to see? I don't want to stay at the resort all day

If anything, I'll just take a cab to downtown Phoenix (About 15 kms) and see what that's like, but I'd prefer suggestions closer to Scottsdale. I wish I could bring my bike there :/

Thanks in advance,

More than half of those things are things that I could do in Toronto. Most of the things I wouldn't have to even leave my resort to do. Thanks, though.

But looking through that list, the Museum looks like it might be worth a visit.

Yup, the point being is that unless you want to Golf (maybe hike the desert?), not quite sure there's anything truly breathtaking to do in Scottsdale (http://www.scottsdalecvb.com/planning-tools/visitor-guide/?gclid=CKr9xIfI76gCFUW8Kgodxx8_ug).

P.S. The Tripadvisor reviews were just to show you what may elicit a more elevated heartbeat...maybe...

It really depends on what you're into... And if you have no transportation at all...you'll be pretty limited. They have great tourism books available and there's lots of festivals and things going on in the area...but you'll need to get yourself there and Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale, etc. area is fairly spread out.

Apache Trail!

ohv-apache-trail-map.gif

Rent a sports car. You will not be disappointed driving to Tortilla Flat. Then you got the amazing sights to see although it will be a dirt road.

227870_758974397960_89905068_40984428_5374798_n.jpg

229428_758974522710_89905068_40984434_3157996_n.jpg

There's a huge harley dealership that rents bikes. I went down there for work as well and was told to rent a bike and head to this place about 2 hours outside of town. Apparently tons of people do it and go to this place for lunch. Apparently it's an amazing ride.

Sadly...I cannot remember the name of said place...

The best thing to do in Scottsdale is leave. Head north for a day trip to Flagstaff, turn around and ride along Hwy89A back through Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott and then south along Hwy93 back to Phoenix area.

Eagleriders, with locations in Scottsdale or Phoenix, is a common place out there that rents bikes - Harleys of all sizes or big touring BMW's. I've rented from them and it was good fun. You have to be 21 to rent from them and leave a deposit. http://www.eaglerider.com/scottsdalebmws/scottsdalebmws.aspx

Also if you are into plants, Phoenix has a very good botanical garden of desert plants. http://www.dbg.org/

The best thing to do in Scottsdale is leave. Head north for a day trip to Flagstaff, turn around and ride along Hwy89A back through Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott and then south along Hwy93 back to Phoenix area.

89A is also highly recommended! I have a video going through but I havent gone through it yet. Lots of twisties and elevation changes. You can feel your ears pop as you go up and down the mountainside.

Check out Eminems old home??? lol If you can rent a car go to Jerome and Sedona. Maybe you can find a tourist office and go on a tour group adventure.

Could go get a free hj....

I have connections.

Eagleriders, with locations in Scottsdale or Phoenix, is a common place out there that rents bikes - Harleys of all sizes or big touring BMW's. I've rented from them and it was good fun. You have to be 21 to rent from them and leave a deposit. http://www.eaglerider.com/scottsdalebmws/scottsdalebmws.aspx

Also if you are into plants, Phoenix has a very good botanical garden of desert plants. http://www.dbg.org/
Mannnn, I actually got so excited when you guys suggested all those roads...but then I got to the bottom of what you said. I'm still 19, so I guess that's out of the question :(. I'll definitely check out the Plant Museum, though. It's within walking distance!

Want to trade jobs? I'll go to scottsdale for you.
Lol sure...take this burden off of me. I gotta be careful for this excursion... I got wrecked on the last day when they sent me to Montreal a year ago and I STILL catch flak for it. But believe it or not, I'm actually considering getting out of this industry. You still set on taking some time off?

Dude AZ has some of the most liberal gun laws in the USA, get yourself to a shooting range, rent some guns and go nuts!
Duly noted. Thanks!

Heart Attack Grill- quadruple bypass burger. U gotta check that out
Just looked it up. Does it actually taste good, or does it just survive on concept 'cause it's nasty? How's it stack up against to Dangerous Dan's? Lol I guess I'll be making use of the resort's gym that week.

Could go get a free hj....

I have connections.
I can't say no to a free hj. Unless it's a dude. Or a chick with spikes for hands. Or a chick with an adam's apple. I didn't know, man. I swear I didn't know.

Bondurant racing school, several years ago we rented 125 shifter Karts there.

http://www.bondurant.com/kart_school/index.php
Thanks a lot! Works out perfectly, too 'cause it's $35 a race on wednesdays.

Haha man...i'm so gonna break even on this "work" excursion. Thanks, guys :D. More suggestions are definitely welcome.

Fake your own death to avoid going...

Alternatively, rent an awesome sports car with your expense account and spend time driving it really fast through the desert and taking it offroad to see all the cool stuff out there. Thats what we did when we went to phoenix.

If neither of those options work for you, youre really screwed, because scottsdale/phoenix are really boring. The only thing thats "neat" is eating at the restaurants, especially when you see the size of the portions... its no surprise that everyone in phoenix is fat as hell when you realise for like 9 bucks you get a steak the size of your head, 10 pounds of potatoes, a bucket of gravy and a "salad" that comes in a freaking serving bowl and is drowned in 50 gallons of mayonaisse...

Although I'd love to do that, I can't get too crazy with my expense account. I'm not THAT much of an asset...yet. haha

& early morning 24 to borderline 27.

Looks like my co-workers are down to see the grand canyon :D

Back
Top Bottom