Sondors Metacycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sondors Metacycle

I like this, but if they filled that cavity up with more battery, the range would spike.. maybe its an add on.

If they feel that the range is adequate they could also use the space for storage. Keeping all the weight down that low this bike it must feel light as a feather. That being said I hate not being able to squeeze the tank with my knees on a Harley (air intake is in the way) and that large void will create the same issue.

If they feel that the range is adequate they could also use the space for storage. Keeping all the weight down that low this bike it must feel light as a feather. That being said I hate not being able to squeeze the tank with my knees on a Harley (air intake is in the way) and that large void will create the same issue.
A couple body panels could give you something to grip and make a storage compartment at the same time.

That looks very far from something legal at this point. As a start turn signals within the headlight looks cool but they are way too close together and would be invisible with the headlight on. It's good to see they have a rolling prototype though. I look forward to seeing it when development is complete.

I just got an email back from them. They do not have any international plans as of yet. So no dice for up here. Not sure if it would work going down south to buy one and bring up here. Since its electric, no idea how that would go..

I just got an email back from them. They do not have any international plans as of yet. So no dice for up here. Not sure if it would work going down south to buy one and bring up here. Since its electric, no idea how that would go..
Will they call it a 2006 for you? I doubt you can get it registered as street legal up here any other way.

They had a presentation for it, starts at around 1:10, but its an interesting concept. For the most part, this forum isn't the target audience. What is $5k USD nowadays in Canada land?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

So I got another follow up email from another Rep in the company. Thought I would just post it here for anyone curious. I likely wouldn't pull the trigger on this because of the disclaimers at the end. Hopefully they decide it might be worth being able to ship internationally without the disclaimers in the near future.

========================================================================================

Hi Jericho,

Thanks for your interest in the SONDORS Metacycle and for your patience as we field an unprecedented amount of interest.

We do not currently have the ability to ship the Metacycle to your country. However, you could contact a freight forwarder who can make the arrangements to deliver to you.

Upon placing your order, the shipping address would need to be your freight forwarder's mainland address. We would provide the information you need to arrange shipping after production is complete in Q4, including:

• Box Dimensions
  • Box Weight
  • Material Safety Data Sheet

Please visit SONDORS Metacycle for a full spec list and additional product details. The Metacycle is a U.S. Department of Transportation approved street vehicle, and it will have a VIN. Your Metacycle will arrive with a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. Please check in with your local government about motorcycle licensure and regulations.

**SONDORS in no way accepts liability on this shipment or otherwise. Due to shipping regulations on lithium ion batteries, please note that any shipping you arrange is not supported or approved by SONDORS, Inc

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Dana

So I got another follow up email from another Rep in the company. Thought I would just post it here for anyone curious. I likely wouldn't pull the trigger on this because of the disclaimers at the end. Hopefully they decide it might be worth being able to ship internationally without the disclaimers in the near future.

========================================================================================

Hi Jericho,

Thanks for your interest in the SONDORS Metacycle and for your patience as we field an unprecedented amount of interest.

We do not currently have the ability to ship the Metacycle to your country. However, you could contact a freight forwarder who can make the arrangements to deliver to you.

Upon placing your order, the shipping address would need to be your freight forwarder's mainland address. We would provide the information you need to arrange shipping after production is complete in Q4, including:

• Box Dimensions
  • Box Weight
  • Material Safety Data Sheet

Please visit SONDORS Metacycle for a full spec list and additional product details. The Metacycle is a U.S. Department of Transportation approved street vehicle, and it will have a VIN. Your Metacycle will arrive with a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. Please check in with your local government about motorcycle licensure and regulations.

**SONDORS in no way accepts liability on this shipment or otherwise. Due to shipping regulations on lithium ion batteries, please note that any shipping you arrange is not supported or approved by SONDORS, Inc

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Dana
Unless the manufacturer jumps through government hoops, this would be a farm/track toy at best. You can't just import a road vehicle when the manufacturer/importer hasn't paid the government to get approved.

A little weird for a Canadian website making videos in western Canada to state the price in the title in USD.... the base price is $6500CAD. And that range and the price is a major yikes. Absolutely no reason to get this over a lightweight motorcycle, just not there yet. And as mentioned that seat seems rough, but I guess with that range it doesn't matter.

A little weird for a Canadian website making videos in western Canada to state the price in the title in USD.... the base one is $6500CAD. And that range and the price is a major yikes. Absolutely no reason to get this over a lightweight motorcycle, just not there yet. And as mentioned that seat seems rough, but I guess with that range it doesn't matter.
That slipped past me. And trying to hash that out gets confusing - from what I can tell, the current base price is actually $6500 USD - $5000 was the original price if you had bought in last year. That definitely changes the colour of the landscape

That slipped past me. And trying to hash that out gets confusing - from what I can tell, the current base price is actually $6500 USD - $5000 was the original price if you had bought in last year. That definitely changes the colour of the landscape

Wow, I think you're right. I figured it was defaulting to CAD on the site which was the difference.

A little weird for a Canadian website making videos in western Canada to state the price in the title in USD.... the base price is $6500CAD. And that range and the price is a major yikes. Absolutely no reason to get this over a lightweight motorcycle, just not there yet. And as mentioned that seat seems rough, but I guess with that range it doesn't matter.
This isn't a deal compared to an ICE bike...but compared to all other EV motorcycles it is. And for lots of people who are buying a vespa...this thing is a reasonable option Most of them do not need more than 60 miles of range. People who are looking for EV bikes are often looking for something different...and this is it. I am sure Ryan just sold a 1000 of them.

I saw a bunch of their prototypes at the Petersen Automotive Museum in L.A. Cool design in general.

Not sure if its worth it after the price increase however, but that would be up to each individual and their use case.

That article describes a company that does want to make things but has resorted to relying on a Ponzi scheme to survive. Unfortunate end

That article describes a company that does want to make things but has resorted to relying on a Ponzi scheme to survive. Unfortunate end
Like 50% of all startups lol

Back
Top Bottom