Searching for a used motorcycle. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Searching for a used motorcycle.

Check Kijiji, FB Market place and motorcycle dealerships (for trade in's etc.)

Good luck in your search

I'm with @Jampy00 as those are your best resources for finding what you're looking for. Lots of good info on this site as well, with a lot of good (and not so good) opinions and guidance.

First bike. Why does it need to be so new? Anything built after 2000 should be fine. Chances are if you like riding you'll replace soon enough.

First bike. Why does it need to be so new? Anything built after 2000 should be fine. Chances are if you like riding you'll replace soon enough.
I don’t know tbh, but i’m going for something new and low milage to reduce the chance of things breaking down, after all I want to enjoy my first bike and not go in and out of mechanics and possibly having to sell it in a month. Many people warned me of bike being beaten up when they’re sold especially beginner bikes like these.

I don’t know tbh, but i’m going for something new and low milage to reduce the chance of things breaking down, after all I want to enjoy my first bike and not go in and out of mechanics and possibly having to sell it in a month. Many people warned me of bike being beaten up when they’re sold especially beginner bikes like these.
Have no fear..... you will enjoy your first bike. Strangely enough, many years on, you may go searching for one again.

You will be able to sell pretty much any entry level for what you paid and with just a little bit of diligence, finding a good example to buy is fairly easy.

Think of it this way.... pretty much everyone that is selling one of these bikes was in the same position as you 1 to 2 years ago.

Fair enough to each his own but just for some back ground. I've been riding over 4 decades. I'm on bike 15 , I think and none of them were bought new. Most far from it. Never had any real issues, or at at least none I could blame own a previous owner.
When I decided it was time for some long time trips with the Squeeze I bought a 26 year GoldWing and off we went to Smokie Mountains for weeks at a time. (We didn't even carry a cell phone)
And maybe think about this. Newer bikes have a lot more electronics than say a bike that's 10-15 years older. I've heard on this forum of folks have to deal with electrical glitches on newer bikes. Electrical issues have been quite rare for me with my somewhat older bikes. Not saying you would have issues just food for thought.

And maybe think about this. Newer bikes have a lot more electronics than say a bike that's 10-15 years older. I've heard on this forum of folks have to deal with electrical glitches on newer bikes. Electrical issues have been quite rare for me with my somewhat older bikes. Not saying you would have issues just food for thought.

So true. Some newer bikes are so integrated that a problem with the dash disables the entire bike even if nothing else is wrong. I think companies are taking the anti-theft immobilizer too far - I suspect it's probably caused problems for more owners than thieves. Same with bad emissions sensors putting the bike in limp home mode (as in the rider ends up limping from pushing the damn bike home).

Back
Top Bottom