Repsol ends long term association with Honda | GTAMotorcycle.com

Repsol ends long term association with Honda

FullMotoJacket

Site Supporter
Last edited:
The writing was on the wall when Honda stopped winning races.

MM93 = Spain. Repsol = Spain. He was a huge draw for them. If MM93 had have stayed I think Repsol would have held their nose until he retired. I'm pretty sure he has a standalone personal services contract with them.

MM93 = Spain. Repsol = Spain. He was a huge draw for them. If MM93 had have stayed I think Repsol would have held their nose until he retired. I'm pretty sure he has a standalone personal services contract with them.
Definitely a contributor. They were on board before MM93 and likely could have stayed on except Honda cr*pped the bed.

Honda and Yamaha sat on their laurels and reacted far too slowly to Ducati's aero and ride-height advances over the past handful of years. Yamaha clearly got the message and has been making visible improvements under the concessions system, but they are still a long way from being competitive.

Honda is so far behind that it's hard to see them recovering until 2027 when the engines are reduced to 850cc, ride-height devices are banned, and aero is more tightly restricted. The original plan was to also switch to a 100% non-fossil fuel in 2027, and Michelin's new front tire is also supposed to show up eventually. So basically everything is going to change, and everyone is going to be scrambling to find a setup that works from scratch. Whether Honda is agile and focused and has enough money and people to make that happen remains to be seen. The loss of such a major sponsor certainly isn't going to help.

Honda and Yamaha sat on their laurels and reacted far too slowly to Ducati's aero and ride-height advances over the past handful of years. Yamaha clearly got the message and has been making visible improvements under the concessions system, but they are still a long way from being competitive.

Quartararo is doing much better this year with sporadic top ten results (7th in Italy Sunday) and flashes of brilliance in quali.

Back
Top Bottom