Recommendations for "good" street gauntlets? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations for "good" street gauntlets?

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
My Velocity VR-Pro gloves developed a tear in one of the palms, and I think I'd rather let them go than trying to get them fixed (if it's even possible). What do we like for full gauntlet street gloves (with occasional track use) these days? The Velocity pair lasted me a LONG time, they owe me absolutely nothing, but something of a roughly similar build quality would be nice

For the track, I had these (except they were the original Jerez v1). Very protective, went down on them and they protected my hands real good.

Still have them, many years later:

Also had the Alpinestars GP Pros with the plastic protectors on the finger knuckles. Also went down on them and those plastic bits dug into my skin which caused my only injury. I think the new versions of the GP Pros did away with the plastic protectors on the knuckles. One thing I like about the A* gloves is the leather piece that binds the ring and little finger together. Brilliant for preventing pinkie injuries. And if you don't like that, you can just snip it to separate the fingers.

Bickle?
PKG

For the track, I had these (except they were the original Jerez v1). Very protective, went down on them and they protected my hands real good.

Still have them, many years later:

Also had the Alpinestars GP Pros with the plastic protectors on the finger knuckles. Also went down on them and those plastic bits dug into my skin which caused my only injury. I think the new versions of the GP Pros did away with the plastic protectors on the knuckles. One thing I like about the A* gloves is the leather piece that binds the ring and little finger together. Brilliant for preventing pinkie injuries. And if you don't like that, you can just snip it to separate the fingers.
I have the GP Pro R3 and while I like the protection level, they are kinda chunky

My Velocity VR-Pro gloves developed a tear in one of the palms, and I think I'd rather let them go than trying to get them fixed (if it's even possible). What do we like for full gauntlet street gloves (with occasional track use) these days? The Velocity pair lasted me a LONG time, they owe me absolutely nothing, but something of a roughly similar build quality would be nice
nice set of mediums for sale on facebook marketplace.

nice set of mediums for sale on facebook marketplace.
I was going to say - if they were so good, why not buy another pair? Are they out of production?

I like the idea of the Knox Handroids with their BOA lacing. I think a few on here have them, maybe they can chime in.

Sometimes I wonder if some vendors with really bad websites have ever bothered to look a them themselves. I'm not judging by how fancy or basic they are, but how poor they are at showing the items they're trying to sell.

Bickle needs higher resolution images. Rider's Choice makes me wait so long it reminds me of the 9600 modem days.

Last edited:
I was going to say - if they were so good, why not buy another pair? Are they out of production?

I like the idea of the Knox Handroids with their BOA lacing. I think a few on here have them, maybe they can chime in.
I think they are no longer made. That pair is just too small for me so I wear a larger pair as my daily pair.

I also really like the Dainese carbon long gloves. Exceptionally comfortable and very good protection.

Velocity VR Pro are to this day my favourite gloves and I can’t find replacements for the ones that rodents are through.

Too bad Jimmy no longer makes / sells them. And too bad @shanekingsley has them in M where I need an XS or S (had the XS and they were perfect). The M is decent fit but the thumbs are way too long so it’s not good for me.

have an earlier version of these and they are worn and beatup but i refuse to throw them out. they are wayyyyyyyy too comfortable. will keep them as backups as long as i can.

not sure if the current version is as good tho.

I have a couple pairs of the GP Pro's as well and like them. Admittedly I haven't had a lot of gauntlet's but I've crashed on the track with a pair of these one's and they held up fine. Comfortable enough that I've worn them on a 8-day roundtrip to the Dragon.

I'm a bit anti-A* at the moment though after my SMX-Plus boots fell apart on the 6th ride.

I liked Alpinestars gloves approx 15 years ago, but the current ones use a lot more stiff synthetic material and aren't nearly as comfortable. I've switched to Five gloves, which fit similarly to the older Alpinestars. RFX1 for the track (well built, check FC-Moto for decent prices), and RFX Sport for the street (lightweight, but very comfortable). Have a look at the RFX3 for combined street/track duty.

I liked Alpinestars gloves approx 15 years ago, but the current ones use a lot more stiff synthetic material and aren't nearly as comfortable. I've switched to Five gloves, which fit similarly to the older Alpinestars. RFX1 for the track (well built, check FC-Moto for decent prices), and RFX Sport for the street (lightweight, but very comfortable). Have a look at the RFX3 for combined street/track duty.
I previously really wanted to buy a pair of Five battery heated gloves, but I couldn't reconcile the pathetic warranty on them with the cost

. One thing I like about the A* gloves is the leather piece that binds the ring and little finger together. Brilliant for preventing pinkie injuries. And if you don't like that, you can just snip it to separate the fingers.
I always wondered what that was for. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom