Rear master cylinder | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear master cylinder

timtune

Site Supporter
I'll be dramatically repositioning the RMC due to changes in the peg position (rearsets for GL1100 drag bike project)).
The old wing rear was linked front and back but I'm going to discon the front cylinder and just run one disc front and back. The orig parts are tough and need kits if not a piston or whole replacement.

When I google I find this. At that price (yes it's CAD) and their return policy, what can I loose? Not sure @Mad Mike could do better on the ali.

I'll be dramatically repositioning the RMC due to changes in the peg position (rearsets for GL1100 drag bike project)).
The old wing rear was linked front and back but I'm going to discon the front cylinder and just run one disc front and back. The orig parts are tough and need kits if not a piston or whole replacement.

When I google I find this. At that price (yes it's CAD) and their return policy, what can I loose? Not sure @Mad Mike could do better on the ali.

Is that going to move enough fluid? Or are you going with a pit bike caliper too? Master cylinder size compared to slave size needs to be relatively similar to stock or not much will happen. In this case, I suspect you'd get a ton of pedal travel and hope that translates to enough pad pressure.

$20-30 is about right for an aftermarket rear master.

I've replaced them on ATVs, I know the Chinese 110cc pitbike masters won't fill the calipers on a Polaris ATV. Can't say I've ever needed to change a rear master on a motorcycle. But if I did, I'd probably choose one that's setup for a bigger bike. Suzuki uses the same style on a lot of their bikes, you can get one that fits a GSX1300 Busa for $26 on the Jungle site.

If you look hard, you will find some Suzuki masters are articulated, which might open up some mounting options.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom