Rear Light Socket? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear Light Socket?

architect

Site Supporter
I have a '13 zx6r intregrated tail light (left) I want to use for my '09 (right). The wiring is the same just different socket ends. I want to avoid cutting off both sockets to splice them together. Anyway I can buy just the female plug end for the '09 so I can swap it on the light? Checked my local CT and Parts Source and nothing. Open to other ideas.

1000018345.jpg

I use this site to figure out the name of the connector, and if I can't find it locally, buy from them as well:

I suspect you need male sumitomo HX090 (HX-090-3P). Apparently Sumitomo doesn't sell them but there are aftermarket options that may work. I appreciate not wanting to be a hack but it may cost a bunch of time and money to get the male plug sourced and crimped. I'd be inclined to swap both sides with a readily available solution (or just hardwire).

I suspect you need male sumitomo HX090 (HX-090-3P). Apparently Sumitomo doesn't sell them but there are aftermarket options that may work. I appreciate not wanting to be a hack but it may cost a bunch of time and money to get the male plug sourced and crimped. I'd be inclined to swap both sides with a readily available solution (or just hardwire).
What ready available hardware would you use?

What ready available hardware would you use?
If you want to maintain a quick connect, I'd buy a kit with males and females so I had spares of everything. Thr specific connector isn't all that important as you have both sides
I'd pick something weather resistant, current carrying capacity doesn't really matter in this application. Selection may come down to the most affordable crimping tool (or one a buddy owns). Given the cost to install the connector, I'd likely just hard wire with water resistant shrink wrap. I don't take my tail lights off often.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom