Raising The Price | GTAMotorcycle.com

Raising The Price

ToSlow

Site Supporter
Just ordered a windscreen from fortnine and see they have a price raise, I also found amazon is also raising the price on most of the things i looked at on there site.

Is this something that is going on across the board?

Wellllll...businesses know that more people are ordering online because they don't want to leave their houses, and businesses also understand supply and demand.

So...

Noticed the same. I ordered a shift lever for a little dirtbike thru Amazon, it was $16 2 weeks ago, it's $24 today! Same goes for some pod filters -- $8 2 weeks ago, $12 today. What gives?

Is this recent? Ordered a few things from them 2 weeks ago and the prices for the items were at par or below everyone else online.

Just ordered a windscreen from fortnine and see they have a price raise, I also found amazon is also raising the price on most of the things i looked at on there site.

Is this something that is going on across the board?
Yes, it's called a pandemic :| it will improve once our dollar strengthens.

Reactions: J_F
71 cent dollar....nasty

edit:
checked my 6 month Amazon history
every item is more, a few are way more

Last edited:
I've seen F9 and also amazon raise price before the covid19.

I think it has to do with some algorithm on whether how many people might be looking at the page for the item, what's in stock, sale duration ending, etc.

So indirectly maybe yes, pandemic might be causing it. But it does happen and I've been a victim of it when I was indecisive on ordering stuff.

Went to FortNine's site and checked my order vs. the prices today. 2 were the same price and one had about a 8% increase.

Amazon advertising $16.70 hr but $2 hour bonus during pandemic also most offering free or cheaper shipping. It’s never really free though is it.

I've seen F9 and also amazon raise price before the covid19.

I think it has to do with some algorithm on whether how many people might be looking at the page for the item, what's in stock, sale duration ending, etc.

Every year you are going to have an increase starting with the manufacturer, passed to the wholesale distributor, passed to the retail outlet.
It doesn't matter what industry you're in. Wages go up, cost of living goes up, of course fuel has gone down, for now.

Every year you are going to have an increase starting with the manufacturer, passed to the wholesale distributor, passed to the retail outlet.
It doesn't matter what industry you're in. Wages go up, cost of living goes up, of course fuel has gone down, for now.

Fixed overhead has to be covered by the sales. If sales drop the prices have to go up. Online retailers won't get hurt as badly as brick and mortar stores.

I ordered some sliding door hardware Monday and Purolator just delivered it out of P.Q. Sort of a one off item so I can't compare prices but not out of line.

The more 'advanced' online retailers also use geographic locators , postal code base, I can look at a product in my office and then look later at home. Almost always more expensive at the home address, and historic price plateaus , they can track who looks once and buys vs. who shops the same item five days in a row, can be reflected in price.
Rooms full of servers track this stuff and the data they have on our spending is pretty amazing. Those stupid air miles cards and loyalty programs? they exist to collect data not give you something for nothing.
If Amazon is seeing an historic volume gain they would be stupid not to make hay while the sun shines. Once this clears and people can go back to the mall , Amazon will see an historic pause.

If Amazon is seeing an historic volume gain they would be stupid not to make hay while the sun shines. Once this clears and people can go back to the mall , Amazon will see an historic pause.

I don't think Amazon will see a significant downturn, if anything the current situation may change the entire shopping paradigm (a direction it was moving in regardless). With more consumers being exposed to the convenience of online shopping, those habits are likely to continue once brick and mortar stores reopen.

Same i ordered some engine oil from fortnine last week, was browsing around yesterday and noticed the price went up $9 per liter.

think about supply as well...it could be that some items are now not being produced for a short period of time. So lower supply as well as higher demand.

its totally due to the dollar which is in the crapper...If you watch items over a long period you can see the price fluctuate on most items

I just check my amazon and F9 purchases and some went up in price. Some as high as 100%

Most noticeable
Amazon- K&N Air filter from $77.99 to $92.46
F9- Belray Brake Fluid from 10.96 to $21.99
F9 - Motul Fork Oil From 16.95 to $23.99
F9 - Engine ICE Coolant from 29.99 to $42.99 (Should have kept the extra one I returned)

I really hope these price start coming down.

it will, and some is supply and demand. Lots is just demand and making it rain! Remember when the dust settles on this which vendors kept it fair and were responsible to the market and who had fun.
Not saying anything wrong with turning a buck, but its a long game

Back
Top Bottom