Racer 5 Track Intro Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer 5 Track Intro Review

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Well where to start.

First of all, if you've been waffling on taking a track day course THIS IS THE ONE.

Highlights
  • Well organized
  • Instructors were passionate, had a plethora of advice and tips to impart and were very easy to talk to
  • I realized very quickly I didn't know half as much about riding a bike as I thought I did.
Overall I honestly had one of the best weekends of my life this past weekend at Grand Bend with the Racer5 folks. Everything pretty much ran like clockwork, even when there were mishaps; everything was done professionally and with consideration for all involved.

Man, throwing a 125cc around a track for 3 days straight is hard work. I'm sore in all the major muscle groups..which I suppose is a good thing...that means I was using the big ones to move my carcass around. I started off just wanting to absorb as much as possible and kept an open mind all weekend.

703f9f9e-6c7d-4d45-95eb-3e254e7957c3.jpg

After day 1, with the feedback I was receiving I knew I was close to getting the coveted 'knee down' and I did! Man the instructor was not joking just how much you have to keep leaning more and more off the bike if you want this to happen on a 125.

4fe2bba9-2859-4209-b69c-2d1bf6a3d673.jpg

After this (minor ;)) accomplishment, I just focused on the rest of my body position and trying to clean it up.

a0375874-d0a9-4fb0-90a5-c13d3179a683.jpg

After 2 days my body position weak point is my inside toes, I guess I was not getting good feedback through the boots on my foot position and I paid for it occasionally and wore away my toe slider slightly.

DSC_0960.jpg

I was happy to see them use similar techniques to relate to students like I do for my M1/M2 Exit courses. They figure out what each student needs and then makes sure they get it.

I did not achieve perfection but I am satisfied with the results and the **** eating grin behind the smoked visor you cannot see was saying it all.

DSC_0921 (1).jpg

I'm already signed up for their next level class at CTMP in August, I'm already amped. It's not even a question in my mind if anyone would benefit from this program, even if you have no desire to race or do track days. The answer is yes, yes and YES.

DSC_0740.jpg

Nice! I keep waffling and putting it off and off due to ‘insert reason here’.

Looks like the bike is included. What else? Leathers?

No. Leathers were a complimentary gift with the latest baller purchase.

Correct, you can rent everything required but helmet -

Gloves - Full Gauntlet style
Boots - Must go up the calf
1pc/2pc Leather Suit
CE2 Back Protector

Everyone had good things to say about the gear, some of it was 'well loved' but that wasn't an issue.

Don't delay, get out there!

Got your knee down cherry, next up highside time :)

Sadly.... You're not wrong...

DAMHIK

When you're up in the air, you've got a surprisingly long amount of time to think. And the thoughts that go through your head aren't, "Fork, this is going to hurt!"

It's, "Fork, this is going to be expensive!"

that does NOT look like a rented suit!

Yeah the track time along with all the track etiquette is probably the best part about the course

Fun zipping around on those little 125s

that does NOT look like a rented suit!

Yeah the track time along with all the track etiquette is probably the best part about the course

Fun zipping around on those little 125s
It's not, F'in Ballers buy their own gear :p

Sadly.... You're not wrong...

DAMHIK

When you're up in the air, you've got a surprisingly long amount of time to think. And the thoughts that go through your head aren't, "Fork, this is going to hurt!"

It's, "Fork, this is going to be expensive!"
Slow motion, almost supernatural lol. One small step for man....

Was a pleasure meeting you this weekend and glad you enjoyed the course. It's probably just as much fun for us to teach as it is for you being a student.

For interested parties, presently there is one more intro course scheduled for July 14-16.

Was a pleasure meeting you this weekend and glad you enjoyed the course. It's probably just as much fun for us to teach as it is for you being a student.

For interested parties, presently there is one more intro course scheduled for July 14-16.
Ditto!

Great job on the instructors run, you were all killing it!

9a8befa3-f12a-41e0-a20d-6678fd380005.jpg

I was looking before but all gear is rented. :(

I was looking before but all gear is rented. :(
We have TONS of gear, likely a computer glitch. Last weekend people were saying they could only choose size 40 suits, but we got them fitted into the right ones.

Maybe shoot Jenn an email at info@racer5.ca

We have TONS of gear, likely a computer glitch. Last weekend people were saying they could only choose size 40 suits, but we got them fitted into the right ones.

Maybe shoot Jenn an email at info@racer5.ca
So.... after looking into this more closely, I am the idiot. If you change the size to what you need, it is not sold out.

I wonder how I find the door to my house sometimes......

Back
Top Bottom