Question About Honda CBR 125 & Tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question About Honda CBR 125 & Tires

danw

Hey everyone.

I'd like to introduce myself to the forums. I've been lurking around here a lot the past few days and the amount of valuable info on here is excellent. I'm sure I'll be using this place for years.

I'm about to buy my first bike, the Honda CBR 125. Does anybody know if you can replace those little tires it comes with with something a little more bulkier/wider? Or are the stock tires the only tires that will fit on the CBR 125?

Thanks in advance.

After having 3 different sets of tires on mine, I have become fond of the Pirelli MT75 90/80-17 front and 110/80-17 rear
They are i very nice "upgrade" from the irc's. They slow the steering a bit, but that is a good thing on these bikes as they feel a bit twitchy to start and they handle well in just about any situation. They also give you a bit more rubber to look at, they are still skinny but they do look better.
Hope this helps a little, Cheers

I suggest you give Mr. Honda a chance, danw. I have a CBR-125R, and I have ridden a lot of bikes with equally skinny tires. Yes, we need to be careful of streetcar tracks, but the techniques are taught in Toronto and are not hard to learn. When you learn the skills, tracks are no longer a hazard.

Meanwhile, the stock tires are certainly good enough for a beginner, and in fact you have a choice. Currently you can buy a brand new 2008 or 2009 CBR-125R with skinny tires, or a 2011 model with slightly wider tires. I suspect that a lot of other changes were made for 2011, mainly changes we cannot see. It is not a trivial matter to just shove on a wider tire, because the geometry of the motorcycle is significantly changed thereby.

I suggest you use the stock tires for now, for reasons of economy and stability. When you are satisfied that you are an experienced rider, then gather ideas from other riders of similar machines, and consider all your evidence, then get the tires that you want.

You can find lots of CBR-125R riders at http://www.hondacbr125r.com/forum/index.php

(There is a member with a name very much like yours, but that member has posted nothing.)

I'll be upgrading to the MT75's when my stocks get worn down. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll definitely take the info into account when I finally pick up the bike. Cheers.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll definitely take the info into account when I finally pick up the bike. Cheers.

Stock tires are cheap, 50 to 60 dollars each. For that money forget looking elsewhere. Use genuine honda parts, including oil! Follow the owners manual for chain and other maintenance requirements. Use the other forums referenced by other posters as bathroom reading material. That site is mostly propoganda and the threads are edited and filtered. That forum is heavily biased and a waste of your posting time.

Stock tires are cheap, 50 to 60 dollars each. For that money forget looking elsewhere. Use genuine honda parts, including oil! Follow the owners manual for chain and other maintenance requirements. Use the other forums referenced by other posters as bathroom reading material. That site is mostly propoganda and the threads are edited and filtered. That forum is heavily biased and a waste of your posting time.

Hmmm, the way you talk sounds familiar:eek: Dare I say???? You sir, need to take your head from you A#$ and realize that a majority of the people still remaining active on "that" site are some of the best problem solvers out there and could no doubt walk circles around you when it comes to moto experience.
Cheers, have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom