Punishment for riding after temp sticker is expired | GTAMotorcycle.com

Punishment for riding after temp sticker is expired

Boots

Been looking around, havent really found much - maybe i'm not looking well enough

But out of curiosity what is the punishment for getting a temp sticker (which ultimately puts a plate/bike in your name) and just not going to get the safety done? I know the temp sticker expires after 10 days, just curious as to what law would be broken if you're caught riding after those 10 days are up.

My suspicion would be the same ticket as no plate or expired plate.

EDIT:
HTA 7(1) looks like a good fit.

"Permit requirements
7 (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway unless,

(a) there exists a currently validated permit for the vehicle;

(b) there are displayed on the vehicle, in the prescribed manner,

(i) number plates issued in accordance with the regulations showing the number of the permit issued for the vehicle"

"(1.1) In this Part, a permit that is expired, under suspension or cancelled is not a currently validated permit. 2024, c. 9, Sched. 2, s. 4."

Last edited:
I would imagine it would pull in lack of insurance as well.
I doubt your insurance company would cover an unregistered vehicle on the road.

As others noted, expired plate might as well be no plate. Expect no insurance ticket as my guess that also does not exist. Unless the cop takes pity on you (sorry sir I forgot the expiry date--assuming it is just a couple of days) I would expect total fines in or around the mid four figures.

Then expect to pay way more for insurance for any vehicle for the foreseeable future.

It’s an invalid (not expired) plate and effectively it should be the same ticket as if though you don’t have a plate at all.

It’s a temp plate, and while normal plates get renewed automatically….temporary plates do not.

As for insurance…can be quite painful if caught.

I would imagine it would pull in lack of insurance as well.
I doubt your insurance company would cover an unregistered vehicle on the road.
You can only get a plate and a temp sticker with proof of insurance. Registration is just listed as Plated - Unfit until you provide proof of safety.

Back
Top Bottom